Saturday, September 16, 2006

This weekend

Well Doug and I met with our fertility doctor Friday, and he basically told us that in order to get pregnant, we'll need to do IVF, which sucks becuase that's going to be about $11,000. He said any kind of insemination wouldn't work, so we have been thinking about that a lot this weekend. We decided to get a second opinion, so we'll see what happens there.
Last night, Doug and I hung out with our good friends and next door neighbors, Mike and Nicole. They're our age and they don't have kids either, so we have a lot of fun with them. We went out for thai food, which Doug and I had never had before. I didn't think it was too bad, and Doug thought it was a nice break from the norm. Then we decided to watch a scary movie, and since Mike and Nicole had never seen The Ring, we just watched that. Doug and I came home and changed into some sweats and walked over. Nicole was so funny, she kept covering her eyes during the scary parts.

Today, Doug and I got new cell phones since our contract is up next month, and since our current phones were pretty shot. I'll have to get a picture of us with them since I know you all are SO curious about that. A couple days ago it was over 80 degrees, and today it was actually snowing! It only snowed here for a couple minutes, but it has been raining for like the last 24 hours. We did a lot of shopping today for a birthday present for me, but even though I had a list, I couldn't find anything that I liked. Isn't that always how it goes? I decided that I want to finish my living room, so we're looking for floor lamps and a video cabinet. Let me know if you have any good ideas on the cabinet. We finally got exhausted and went to Tsunami for some sushi. Yum! Now we're just back hanging out. His friend Matt and his wife Christy are coming over for dinner tomorrow night, so that will be fun since we haven't seen them in a couple months. So nothing too exciting, but thought I'd still give an update!

1 comment:

The Bluths said...

Well I'm glad you shared all that. That is really too bad about the IVF. Let me know what a second opinion has to say. We thought we would have to do that too, but lucked out. I've been reading your sisters blog too everyday, she is quite an amazing woman. Reminds me of my sister-in-law.