Sunday, December 10, 2006

New stuff


Sorry it's been awhile since I updated last, I have been sick for the past week and a half, and am just now starting to get a handle on things. I started out with a cold, and it worsened until it became sinusitis, or more commonly known as a sinus infection. I have been put on all sorts of drugs recently (including Lortab for the sinus headache pain,) but should be 100% soon.
A bunch of people from my work participated in this offer online where if you complete 18 offers, you can get things like a free iMac, a MacBook Pro, or a $2000 Visa gift card. Well, of course my first thought was that it was too good to be true. But then I heard all the tricks about it, and have seen about 5 or 6 of them receiving their new computer or laptop. Three of my other co-workers all sat down in October to try this out, and I just received my $2000 gift card this week! If any of you are interested in doing it, let me know and I'll email you all the info and tricks.
The weekend started out awful as we went to the fertility doctor Friday morning, with the bad news that I still have a 6 cm cyst hanging out on my ovary. This means we still can't do another round of insemination, which sucks because we definitely can't the next go around when I'm in Colorado and Doug is in Utah. So don't ask if we're pregnant, because it looks like it will be February at the earliest when we can start trying again. After the doctor, we were both pretty upset, and I wasn't feeling well. I showed Doug the gift card (as I had been keeping it a secret from him so it would be a nice surprise) and we immediately started spending. We bought him an elliptical, but right after that I felt so nauseous. I had taken two of my pills, and the combination of the two must have caused that. We went home where I lied in bed all afternoon.
We had some fun spending a lot more of it Saturday on clothes, shoes, and a new digital camera. The picture above was taken with it, it's so sweet! It also shows off Doug's new suit and one of my new sweaters. It's not very often money like this comes along where we can spoil ourselves, so we made sure we had a good time.

4 comments:

The Bluths said...

Ok that is awesome! (About the gift card) You'll have to tell me about that, we could definately use it this holiday season. That's the pits about the doctor. Just keep trying on your own in the meantime (wink wink).

Anonymous said...

Dude you guys are sexy, and then some! Nice camara and sorry about the not feeling well. I am excited to see you guys next week!

LOVE YOU!!
Eliza

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now

Anonymous said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money now