Saturday, February 03, 2007

Home at last

Colorado was great, but it's nice to be home with Doug. We had last weekend to spend together before we both headed back to work on Monday. It's such a change working full-time compared to watching kids 24/7. People have asked me if it's hard coming back to work. Honestly, I feel like I never left, but I do miss Eliza and her kids. It was a great experience being able to help her while she was sick, and spend time with my nieces and nephew. You can see a few more pictures of them here, or if you click on the link to the left that says, "My Pictures." I love my job, so it's great to be back. Doug and I are leaning more towards holding off on buying a house so we can put money toward some debt and other things.


We're currently on our third round of insemination. Dr. Huang said my body is sensitive to the fertility drugs I was on, which really makes me curious as to why one of my many eggs aren't taking each month! We go in for the actual procedure tomorrow, and we'll find out in two weeks if it took. If not, we'll try this one more time, then have to look into either in vitro or adoption. Doug thinks the insemination will work before we have to decide what to do next. I'm hopeful, but don't want to count on it as that will just make things harder.


We can't do much this weekend since we're broke. I don't get a paycheck again until 2 weeks from yesterday, since I have only been working like four hours a week in Colorado! Yesterday, we got some crazy bread and pizza at Little Caesar's, and rented The Guardian from Red Box. It was such a great movie, until the end! I don't want to give it away for those of you who haven't seen it, but I hate when they ruin the movie like that. Today we're just taking it easy, cleaning the house, and Doug's napping (he has an upset stomach.) Tomorrow, we're having dinner with our friends Brady and Rachel, we're excited for that. That's all for now.

1 comment:

The Bluths said...

The Guardian does have an alternate ending that is better, I agree with you on that one. Good luck this month and keep me updated.