Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Recap

Wow, it's been awhile since I have written, I didn't realize! Yesterday was just a crazy week, we had something going on every night. Tuesday we had an enrichment activity at church, and since I'm on the committee, I had to attend, help set up, and help clean up. Wednesday, we went sledding at this place called Soldier Hollow with Doug's family. It was awesome! You grab a tube, and a machine drags you up to the top of the hill on your tube. And since most of the hills were pure ice, we were cruising. I was actually a little scared the first time, but then I got used to it and it was a blast.
Doug took me to a Utah Grizzlies hockey game for Valentine's Day, and it was so much fun! I told him I'd love to go to a hockey game sometime, and that was our first one.

I really don't wear this sweater that often, it seems that I'm always wearing it when my picture is being taken! Sunday, we went to Doug's parent's house to have dinner and celebrate Bryce's and Kade's birthdays. There are new pictures attached that involve those events on my "My Pictures" link to the side.
As most of you already know, the last round of insemination didn't work out for us. We're currently on our fourth and final round, and it seems like everything is a lot harder and longer this last time. For instance, I had to take 8 stomach shots this time, and only 6 the last 3 times. We have had to drive through two blizzards to get to the doctor this last time; the first took an hour, and the second took an hour and a half (that was today)! It's normally a 35-40 minute drive, so that was annoying. Plus, we were expecting to be all done with everything around 10:30, and didn't even end up leaving the doctor's office until 11:45. Oh well, at least I'm done with all the shots... for now. If this doesn't work, and we decide to do in vitro, I hear that has a whole mess of shots that goes along with it.
Doug and I have actually started talking about adoption, so we looked at LDS family services's website. I know I shouldn't get pleasure out of this, but it was a little encouraging to me to see how many people on there are looking to adopt, or are having fertility issues. It's nice to know we're not alone in this battle, especially when everyone around here is pregnant or has a new baby. And no, I'm not exaggerating. Nothing is set in stone yet, though. If this doesn't work, we want to talk to our doctor about in vitro, and see what that all involves.
So I took the day off today because I always feel so crampy the rest of the day after a procedure. Plus, since I already missed half the day, I decided to just take one of my sick days, and get paid for the whole day. Sick days are the best!
I'll try to write more often so these aren't so long and boring.

2 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

I love you!!!!! I don't know what else to say so I will say it again. I love you!!!

Eliza

The Bluths said...

When do you find out about this next one? Good luck kiddo!