Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Last Week was the Week

Wow, so much happened last week, there's hardly enough time to tell it all in one blog entry. Nonetheless, I'll try. Monday started off with a nerve-racking day, because I still hadn't started, and I was supposed to take a pregnancy test if I hadn't started by Tuesday. So, completely expecting the test to be negative, I went home and took one while Doug was on his way home. Turns out... it was positive! Yes, I'm finally pregnant! I was so shocked when I read the test, I was more confused than overjoyed. I made Doug come up and check it, and I said, "What does this say to you?" He looks at it for a few seconds and says, "Well, it says you're pregnant!" We kept the excitement to a minimum for the next couple days, but still told family and close friends. We were both nervous that I would miscarry, and I still worry about that. But, I guess there's nothing I can do about it if I do. In the meantime, like my mother said, I will enjoy it.
Tuesday, Doug worked late, and I had to clean and get ready for my girl's night on Wednesday. Our girl's night was fun, I told my friends the good news, and we ate dinner and watched "Sweet Home Alabama." Classic chick flick!

On Thursday after work, my mom, sister, and her kids came over from Colorado, and stayed through Sunday! My mom actually left Friday morning to spend time with my grandpa in Layton, and came back to spend the night Saturday night, so I didn't see much of her.
Friday, we got up and went to Cabela's in the morning. We came back to our house for lunch, and went swimming in the afternoon when the twins got up. Those kids sure love to swim!

Then we came home and had some spaghetti for dinner. Saturday, we went to Lowe's and CostCo for a fan for our bedroom and for the kids to pick out a toy. The twins each picked out a sticker book, and Olivia picked out some Barbie books with a little kid projector you can shine pictures onto the wall with. We also had lunch at CostCo, hot dogs and pizza. You can't beat $10 for lunch for 6 people! Then we went to the Living Planet Aquarium where we saw all sorts of fish, and the kids got to touch sting rays!

I'm pretty sure they enjoyed it. Then after the kid's naps, we went to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. They were able to see all sorts of farm animals, and Olivia and Alex even rode on their ponies!

Sadly, they left Sunday, so our house was actually quiet on Sunday. Those kids are so dang cute! Doug and I spent Sunday installing a badly needed fan in our bedroom. Since we can't open our windows at night because the train is so close, and it's getting hot again, we can now turn on our fan at night. As Oprah would say, Hallelu-yer! Be sure to check out the rest of the pictures from this weekend, there were a ton!
Wow, what a week, huh? I have been feeling okay, as long as I have something in my stomach. I start feeling sick when I don't, so I feel like I'm eating all the time. Man, I've become such a heffer! My due date is Thanksgiving day, so I definitely still have awhile. Speaking of hunger, it's coming on again, so I need to go eat some grub.

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

Horray!! I got your IM, I was grocery shopping. Who knows, maybe I will be this month too!? Congrats congrats congrats. What a happy moment!

*Jessica* said...

Dood, hot dogs and pizza at Costco is always the best lunch! Cute pics and again, Congrats!

Ethan said...

Toni, I was looking at your wedding photos and realized I don't think I ever told you how beautiful you really looked, Doug is super duper lucky. FO SHO!! Gratz again on the baby.