Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sorry, no pictures

Well, pretty much nothing else has been on my mind except baby, baby, baby. I'm at about 6 weeks now, so half way through my first trimester. It's getting more and more exciting, even though I have nothing to show for it except a little nausea now. I started feeling that wonderful morning sickness yesterday, until about lunchtime. I had some cheese and chicken enchiladas at work, which were pretty good until about half way through. I had to stop when I about threw up. I read from my book "What to Expect When You're Expecting", and heard from my boss, that one thing to try when you have morning sickness is to eat some crackers before you get out of bed in the morning. The only crackers we have right now is Wheat Thins, so I tried that this morning, and it helped a ton. I also sipped on a vitamin water all morning (I believe they're real similar to a Powerade), so that may have played a hand in it, too. I still felt a little queasy, but not nearly as bad as the day before. The fatigue still hasn't set in too much. Well... except for Sunday. I was out cold in Sunday school with my head on Doug's shoulder, so we left a little early because I couldn't keep my eyes open. I haven't been that out in the afternoon at work yet, which is really good. I'd rather fall asleep at work than throw up at work.
This weekend was pretty boring after Friday. We had our friends Rachel and Brady over for dinner Friday night, and had some strip steaks and baked potatoes. Afterwards, we played a board game called Ticket To Ride that we got for Christmas. We always have fun playing that one! Saturday I laid on the couch all afternoon and evening because I felt icky. I was able to clean my bathroom, however. Doug and I went out to dinner at a chinese place in American Fork called China Isle. On Sunday, we went to church (most of it)and then to Doug's parent's house for dinner. We brought cream puffs, and they luckily turned out okay after three tries of the puff, and two tries of the filling.
Tonight I'm just taking it easy, sipping on some Powerade and reading the other book I bought called In The Womb. I can't get enough the pictures of what the baby looks like right now, and what's going on in there. I just find it fascinating. I hope you're all doing well, and be sure to leave me a comment to brighten my day!

4 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

Hey woman!
I am so excited for you, even though this sucks. But hey just look at it as a sign the pregnancy is going along well. I love you!
Eliza

The Bluths said...

I always wanted to get the book "Your Pregnancy Week by week". It would be a good one to have for the first one because I know I was always interested every second what was going on in my body. I also have that "In the Womb" book. There is a scary picture of a woman ripping towards the end. Yikes!

The Bluths said...

Is my picture back? BTW, Aunt Flo came, ah rats!

The Bluths said...

FYI, some of my family doesn't know we are trying, so keep it on the DL on my blog :)