Monday, May 07, 2007

Bad weather, Bad weekend

Whew, a lot has happened since my last post. Thursday night, Brady and Doug made dinner for Rachel and me, it was so good! They made BBQ chicken skewers wrapped in bacon, potatoes, and grilled shrimp. Yum! Then we got foot massages, and watched "The Office" and the Jazz game. On Friday, we ate at Village Inn before going to the film festival for work, Spider-Man 3. I forgot how many yummy pies Village Inn has! We just got dinner, not dessert, but I'm sure we'll go back soon for some pie. Our neighbors, Mike and Nicole, met us at the theater for the film festival, and we all went home afterwards. Saturday was a morning of resting in bed. It rained all day long, too! We stopped by our HOA party (which was rained out), and went grocery shopping. After we came home and had lunch, we went up to Park City in the sweet Range Rover, and did some shopping at their outlets. It snowed the whole time we were up there, but none of it stuck. We got Doug's mom a Mother's Day present at Mikasa, a new belt for Doug at Eddie Bauer, and Doug bought me a few things at Motherhood Maternity. We went up there in the first place to meet his best friend, Matt, and his wife Christy. They spent the weekend up there, and we met them for dinner. We ate at the pizza/noodle place on Main Street, and went back to their really nice hotel room and watched game 7 of the Jazz playoffs. The Jazz won, way to go!
On Sunday, I found out that my grandpa's wife, Jeanie, passed away that morning. I made arrangements to drive up and spend time with my mom (who had driven up the day before) and grandpa for the late afternoon and evening. Doug needed to go be with his family since we won't be here next week for Mother's Day, and since he needed to deliver his brother's graduation present that his mom had mailed to our house. Jeanie hadn't been eating much for awhile now, and it got to the point where they had Hospice coming every morning to take care of her. Her body started shutting down, and she passed away in her sleep Sunday morning. My sister, Amy, from California, will be flying here Wednesday morning with my dad (who was there on business), and we'll go to the funeral together. Doug will meet us up there. On a happier note, it will be fun to see Amy. She's never been to my house, so it will be fun to show her around. It was also great to see my mom and have some real home cooking. We'll be heading to her house Thursday afternoon to spend some time with my best friend from college, Tiffany, her husband, and her two kids. My mom won't be home until Saturday afternoon, and we leave Sunday around 11 or 12. So, I won't get to see very much of her, unfortunately.
I worked from home last week every day but Thursday, and I'm working from home again today. Dang it, I just don't feel well enough to get out of bed in the mornings! Hopefully this goes away soon. I'm at week 11, so chugging along. Doug's friend, Chris, and his wife, Leila, were pregnant about a week and a half ahead of Doug and me. They found out last week at their OB appointment that their baby stopped growing, and they couldn't find a heartbeat. Leila has to go in for surgery to have it removed this week. We're praying for you guys!

1 comment:

The Bluths said...

We just got back on Monday from Salt Lake. I thought of you as we drove past IKEA and Rod Works.