Sunday, September 30, 2007

Crazy Weather

I was lucky enough to have my mom around for part of the weekend! My aunt Holly came and picked her up from the airport, and we all went to the South Towne mall for an hour or two. She then took the three of us (and Doug met us there) to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Yum! They both spent the night at our house Thursday night, and we hung out some more Friday morning. On Saturday, Doug and I drove up to my grandpa's in Layton to say goodbye to him, since he's moving to South Dakota this next week to marry another woman. The weather was cold and raining the whole drive up there. It started snowing while we were there, and was an absolute blizzard at our house by the time we got back!


I was feeling a little lightheaded yet again today, so I didn't even attempt getting ready for church. I'm a little disappointed that I'm always feeling like that in the mornings! Doug and I (more Doug than I) are finally almost finished with painting the nursery now, too. We have quite a few touch-ups before the final result, but here's a sneak peek:

That dang green stripe is what has taken us forever, but I'm glad we decided to do it. It will pull together the green chair you see there, and the crib bedding. I can't wait until we're all finished!

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

Snow?! How crazy is that? I didn't even hear about it.

Eliza Brock said...

Very cute, love! You guys are going to be great parents, I know it! I am so excited for you, your almost there. Sa-weet about the snow. It wasn't even cold here yesterday in the high 70s. How crazy!

Kakes said...

I love your nursery. It looks so darling. You are so creative!