Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The First NST

The NST's weren't bad at all yesterday. Doug and I showed up to the hospital, and everyone we dealt with was super nice, and very helpful. They did an ultrasound to measure the fluid, and we even got to see his little arms resting up by his face, as if he was trying to play peek-a-boo or something. Afterwards, they hooked me up to a couple monitors and monitored the baby's heart rate and my contractions. They wanted to see how he reacted to the contractions I was having. They said everything looked really good, and they'd see us on Friday. I guess we need to go TWICE a week, and not just once. I feel better about twice a week (even though it's about a half hour drive,) since it means he's more closely monitored.
I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch with an ice pack, changing its location from the itchiest spot to the next itchiest spot the rest of the night. I was having a lot of contractions after dinner last night, and they were even 5 minutes apart for about 45 minutes, but still weren't super painful. Most of them were uncomfortable, and on the verge of painful, but apparently nothing to get worked up about. But... does this mean he's coming soon? Let's hope so! The RN we talked to at the hospital yesterday said that if I were to go into labor now, they wouldn't stop it. I'll be 37 weeks Friday, so it's still a bit early, but we should be in the safe zone now. Doug and I quickly went over our hospital checklist before we went to bed, just in case we had any excitement last night. I guess we should be prepared at any time now!

6 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

Hey,

I used to sleep with an ice pack on my feet too and woke up every time the ice was gone. Numb the skin up baby! So sorry you have to deal with this too! I love you!
Eliza

The Bluths said...

I have to say that you are the first person I have heard to ever have this problem in pregnancy. It does not sound fun, but at least you get to go to the doctor twice a week, unless you don't like that, I love getting to go to the doctor!

Heidi said...

guess it was a good thing you were prepared! Exciting stuff! at least now you can not have the itchies!

Kakes said...

Holy cow! You are having the baby today!! Talk about being intuitive on this blog. You totally predicted it! I hope everything is going well. I am so excited to see little Jack!

The Bluths said...

Saw your sisters blog. Are you in labor?! Keep me updated!

Justin and Heidi Nelson said...

We are praying for you guys. Hope everything goes well. Will we see you tomorrow at the luncheon? Hang in there.