Saturday, October 06, 2007

Shower With Friends


My friend Rachel was nice enough to throw me a baby shower last Wednesday with all of my friends. It was so much fun to see everyone I don't get to hang out with very often. We played a few fun games, and she and Brady made some delicious soups, breaksticks, and salad. Rachel told everyone that brought some diapers would get entered into a drawing for a gift card, so I got all stocked up on diapers and wipes. I have some very generous friends. Thanks, guys! You can view the rest of the pictures from the shower in my My Pictures link.

Thursday was well spent relaxing at home as my allergies have kicked into full swing. My eyes get to itchy that I have to get prescription dye drops. I went upstairs to use them for the first time this season, and the bottle was empty! I was so miserable that Doug and I went straight to urgent care so I could get some more. Ahh, a little relief at last!
Yesterday was Doug's great aunt's funeral, Geniel. Geniel was part owner of Echo Resorvoir, and has always been very generous to Doug and his family. She was always very sweet, and will be missed. We got up and got ready to go to the viewing and funeral yesterday, and didn't make it back to our house until a little after 3. We left for urgent care around 5, and then hung out at Doug's grandparent's house until about 8:30 with his uncles that don't live very close. Today and tomorrow will be spent watching general conference. Tomorrow at 12:30, we'll meet Doug's dad's side of the family down in Payson for their traditional conference get-together since it's his grandpa's birthday. I'm glad we have today to just hang out at the house, this pregnancy and allergies are kicking my butt! Not much lightheadedness lately, so that's nice. This guy just keeps trying to dig his way out, and sometimes kicks my rib cage.

No comments: