Sunday, November 11, 2007

Bringing Home Baby

Jack has already been such a joy in our family! Our whole lives revolve around him now, even though he sleeps the majority of the time. He's eating every three hours, and definitely lets us know now when he's hungry. His awake and fussy time are after dinner until his last feeding of the night.
It's a good thing my mom came to help out the first few days after the hospital, I was totally useless (Doug can vouch for that)! I'm still on the couch for most of the day, but don't require a nap every day now. It's still hard for me to sit up straight, which is why I'm either laying on the couch, or trying to recover some strength by walking around. I notice that I'm feeling better and better every day, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
Doug was great enough to get up with Jack at night the first week while I tried to recover. Last night was my first time getting up with him (except once), and it looks like I'm in for a long ride. Doug says it was good for him to get up with Jack at night so he knows what I have to look forward to during the next little while. He's such a good dad already; they're so cute together! I added more pictures to my web album, so be sure to check those out.

8 comments:

The Bluths said...

So when did he first cry? I was wondering about that. Do you bottle feed or breast feed or both? I just saw in one of the pictures he has a bottle. It took me a while to recover too. More than a week that's for sure.

Eliza Brock said...

What a cute baby! I am so sad that we aren't close and can't enjoy him and much as we would like. We are all SO excited to see you guys at christmas!

Eliza Brock said...

PS I didn't see / hear how buddy is doing with this baby business....

Janaca said...

Hey Toni its Janaca! I don't know if you remember me but we used to go do checks together at contacts. I am a friend of Rachels and am in her ward and was looking at her blog and saw your name. Congrats on the baby! He looks like a cutie.

Rachel and Brady said...

I love that first picture of Jack, it is so cute!

And guess what? You're it! You've been tagged! Check out my blog to see what to do next :)

Toni said...

Ashley, his first cry was at the hospital when Doug's friend, Matt, held him. We knew we could count on you, Matt! :) I'm bottle feeding, for a couple reasons I'd be happy to tell you about... off the blog. Eliza, Buddy's doing pretty well for being second string now. He's dealing with it just fine. Janaca, of course I remember you! How are you and your little one doing?

Cecily said...

Toni, I love seeing the extra pictures you've posted of Jack. He is such a beautiful boy. I especially love the one of him smiling! How sweet! I can't wait to meet him. : )

Woodine said...

Congratulations on a beautiful little boy!!!!