Saturday, November 03, 2007

Three Weeks Early

Jack Douglas Nelson
Born November 2nd, 2007
10:05 A.M.
7 lbs. 0 oz.
20.5 inches long


Well, my water broke Halloween night around 9:30 PM, just a half hour after Doug got home from work. We got our bags together and rushed off to the hospital. The whole next day (November 1st), I wasn't dilating at all, even with the help of Pitocin. That night, my OB came in, and gave us a couple options, a C-section being one of them. I told her we really didn't want to do a C-section, and she recommended something else, anyway. We took her advice, and I was dilated to a 9 by 8:00 the next morning! It was a long, uncomfortable night, but he was born at 10:05 AM the next day, after only 15 minutes of pushing! He didn't cry at all when he came out, and Doug and I haven't heard him cry once... Not when he had his first bath, and not even when they gave him his first shot! What a good baby he is already. Tough as beans! Check out our "My Pictures" link for more pics.

12 comments:

The Bluths said...

Congrats! That is a good size baby for how early he was. Imagine if you were on time! Right now I think he kinda looks like Doug, but newborns change so fast so I guess we'll see. Hope you are all feeling well! Congrats again!

Cecily Jenkins said...

Congratulations to you both!!! He is absolutely adorable! I hope everything goes so well for all three of you. Good luck!

Cecily : )

Rachel and Brady said...

I am so incredibly happy for the both of you. He looks adorable, and I'm glad everyone is happy and healthy. We can't wait to meet him!

Michelle Bingham said...

Congrats!! I am so glad to hear that he was healthy, and your doing well, toni! They are so perfect when they are born, and Jack looks absolutely adorible! I am so happy for you two!

Eliza Brock said...

I am so glad everything is over and turned out great! What a cute baby. I am so jealous of Doug's family. We can't wait to see him at Christmas time! Love you!

Heather said...

Congrats Doug and Toni~he is beautiful. Enjoy the little things while they last!

Kakes said...

Oh my! He is too cute for words. You make me want to have a baby!! You all just seem so happy and perfect. What a good little boy you have, not crying at all. Wow. Well congratulations, if you ever need a babysitter, give me a call!

Kakes said...

One more thing. I just looked at your pictures and they are absolutely darling. I got a little teary eyed! Wow, what a wuss I am. The thing that always gets me is seeing a new daddy with his baby. You looked gorgeous and wonderful, but seeing Doug being so excited about his little boy certainly tugged on my heart. Cute boys! Congratulations again!

Heidi said...

SO glad he is here and heathly! We were all dying at work wanting to know when Jack would join us in the world. I'm glad that things went well. He is a handsome boy! Can't wait to come see him sometime! Thanks for sharing him with us. Someday I will join you in the mother department.

Ryan said...

Congrats Toni! I guess you're leaving 1-800 CONTACTS before you thought. Good luck.

Justin and Heidi Nelson said...

What a little miracle! We were so happy to hear that everything went well! congratulations! We are so happy for you. We would like to come see you guys sometime when you are feeling up to it!

Jessica said...

You all look so happy and make a great couple! Congrats darlin. You will be missed here at 1-800.