Monday, November 19, 2007

Two Weeks Old Already?


Now how can you not love someone that fits into those tiny pants? His onesie in the picture above says, "Crying: It gets the job done." That's been true lately! Jack isn't shy about letting us know when he's hungry. Being a mom has been an adventure so far. Jack eats every three hours, and sometimes it takes an hour to get him fed and burped. That leaves two hours to catch up on sleep, laundry, meals, picking up, etc. And, of course, still recuperating. It still hurts to sit upright, but hopefully not for too much longer. I've had a few offers from family offering to baby-sit, but I'm definitely not ready for that! Jack is a lot of work, but I'm not ready to leave him yet.
Jack's first doctor appointment was last Friday. He's already at 7 lbs. 3 oz. I can't believe how much bigger he looks already! We really like his pediatrician. He's got a funny name though: Dr. Moskowitz. It reminds me of An American Tail every time. Dr. Moskowitz did Jack's circumcision while we were still at the hospital. He took a look at Jack's circumcision Friday to make sure it was healing properly, and he says, "Oh, look at how pretty that is!" I thought that was funny. The nurse had to poke his heel to get some blood, and I couldn't believe how hard I was crying. Good thing Doug was there as the sane one. It just broke my heart! Maybe Doug will have to take him to get his shots in the future, I'm too much of a wuss.
Justin and Heidi came over yesterday to see us, it was so much fun to hang out with them for a little while! We went to my in-laws for dinner last night, and it was so funny to see how everyone flocked around the baby for awhile. Doug took him from Kevin to get him changed, and there were at least three people that followed Jack and Doug over to get him changed. He's quite the life of the party!
We'll be spending Thanksgiving with Doug's family. Because Jack's still so small, we probably won't stay for very long. We're excited to see everyone, though!

5 comments:

Rachel and Brady said...

Jack gets cuter in every picture I see of him! And uh, I'm glad to hear that *ahem* everything on him is looking cute... :)

Melinda Hicken said...

I love it, Dr. Moskowitz! Classic! That little guy just gets cuter and cuter as the days go by! 2 weeks and counting! He'll be walking before you know it!
-Melinda

Jottings By Jess said...

Oh! He is so cute! You should bring him in to 1-800 : )

The Bluths said...

I love that first picture of him. His face just looks so perfect. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

Heidi said...

I miss you at work Toni! He is such a cute baby! You are such a great mom! Thanks for the example