Sunday, December 09, 2007

Playing With The Boys

Jack absolutely loves looking out the window during car rides (that is, when he's not sleeping through them)! Here's a little example clip.


We got a ton of snow here this weekend! A storm came in Friday night, and continues to snow. Check out how much has accumulated on the chair so far! Doug has shoveled our driveway twice, and has to shovel it again today.


Our little family ventured out Friday to run some errands. We first stopped at Jared's Galleria to get my wedding ring cleaned and rhodium plated to keep up our warranty on it. We then headed over to the mall to get Doug a new pair of jeans. Olive Garden was our next stop, it was delicioso! Luckily, Jack's next feeding was there, while we were already sitting down. Babies R Us wasn't very far off from where we were, so we traveled there to get Jack a couple window shades for the car, and some bigger bottles that came with nipples that let more milk out at a time. I can't believe he's already graduated from his other nipples! I had a $5 off coupon, and we got another 10% off of that since they were on our registry. What a bargain! I had so much fun hanging out with my boys!

Saturday, we cleaned up a little, and I made some coffee cake. Bill also stopped by for about an hour around noon. He was very excited to meet Jack! Later, we headed to the grocery store before the storm got much worse to grab a few things. We decided to skip the ward Christmas party since the weather was so bad. Today, we're just hanging out. I'm looking forward to the teriyaki salmon and artichoke dip we decided to have for dinner tonight. I just feel bad that Doug has to use his grill when there's like a foot of snow piled on top of it! What a trooper, Doug!

Jack has started to make it a habit of staying awake after his 3 AM-ish feeding. When I'm burping him for the final time, he likes to lift his head up and look around, as if to say, "Nah, I'm not tired. I'd like to be awake now, thanks!" The only way I can think of to break him from this habit is to just put him in his crib and hope he goes to sleep. He only cried for about 5 minutes when I did this last night. We try to keep him awake during the day for as long as we can, hoping that if he's awake a lot during the day, he won't want to be at night. Hopefully this will work!

6 comments:

Rachel and Brady said...

You guys are such a cute little family! It looks like motherhood suits you well. I wanted to stop by and say hello when we were up at Suncrest, but it was about 10:30 and we didn't want to wake you guys up if you were asleep. We will definitely have to get together soon... I need to see little Jack again before he grows up!

The Bluths said...

Funny how many times he blinks while looking out the window. He's so cute!

Heidi said...

That is a busy weekend. I can't belive how big he is already getting. You look wonderful (so does Doug)

Eliza Brock said...

Super cute video my dear. Alex is obsessed with "baby Jack". She tells me baby jack isn't in toni's tummy anymore, let me see baby jack on the puter. What a goofy girl. Olivia just said to me, Isn't our christmas tree adorable?

Goof ball.

Eliza Brock said...

Super cute video my dear. Alex is obsessed with "baby Jack". She tells me baby jack isn't in toni's tummy anymore, let me see baby jack on the puter. What a goofy girl. Olivia just said to me, Isn't our christmas tree adorable?

Goof ball.

Janaca said...

Your little guy is so cute Toni! Babies are so much fun. I'm starting to get baby hungry again...uh oh! Good luck with keeping him up during the day and having him sleep better at night. It's so hard to get a routine and Jordan still does things differently every day. Last night he was up until 10 and got up at 8. I can't complain! I wish he'd go to bed earlier though and still wake up at 8. Ha ha.