Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Am I A Wuss? The Answer Is Yes.

I forgot to mention that Jack had his first shots last Thursday, which was something I had been dreading for a long time. I made the appointment in the afternoon after Doug was off work so he could come with me. He had his regular check-ups of height and weight gain first. His height measured in at 23.5 in. which is in the 71st percentile. He's a tall kid, and Doug and I have no idea where he gets that. His weight came in at 12 lbs. 4 oz., which was in in the 64th percentile. Chub! We also replaced all of his 0-3 month clothes with 3-6 month ones last week because a lot of it was already too small for him at 2 months. Anyway, after all of that and some chit chat with the doctor, I decided to go wait in the waiting room for the remainder of the appointment, while Doug stayed in with Jack and the nurse to get his shots. He got 5 immunizations in total, but only 3 shots, since two shots were combined. I knew if I stayed in there I would be balling, so like a coward, I left. I remembered at his first check-up, I was in tears after all they did was prick his foot to get some blood. I know, all you moms out there are telling me to suck it up. You'd think if I could go through labor without crying, I could at least stay in the room while my kid gets his shots. Oh well, I don't feel too bad this time since Doug was there with him. Doug was tough, as was Jack, who didn't cry for very long, Doug said.
Jack came home and slept, and was a little fussy for the rest of the night. Poor baby, I could tell he didn't feel well. Of course, as soon as I laid him down amidst the fussiness to change his diaper, and grabbed the camera to take a picture of the band-aids on his thighs, this is what I beheld:
A SMILE! What a poser!

6 comments:

Melinda H. said...

Ha ha ha Toni! You're not a wuss. I went with my sister-in-law to my neices appointment. We (her mother and I) BOTH cried! So if you're a wuss, I certainly am too! Can't wait to see the little one!

Michelle Bingham said...

TONI! In that picture, jack looks just like Doug!!! So cute!!!! Your not a wuss. You just have that Motherly Love for Jack!!! I can cry just looking at pictures of Kenna when she a younger... Every Mother has their weakness!! Love ya!

The Bluths said...

I just had to look away when Logan got his first shots, the nurses can be brutal since they do them all the time. Jack sure does look like his dad that's for sure!

Janaca said...

It's so hard to take them to get shots! I always feel like I'm betraying Jordan because I know what's coming for him. You're not a wuss though!

Mike & Nicole said...

Toni, its me! Your long lost friend Nicole... remember me? Ya, you left me for a bigger house.:) Just kidding. I finally got a blog and figured out how to use these things. http://mngratzinger.blogspot.com/
Jack is adorable! I would love to meet him someday.

becca hansen said...

hi toni! it's becca (cec's old roommate) my baby girl is just a few weeks older than Jack, and it sounds like i handled her shots worse than you did Jack's! i bawled more than she did! so i wouldn't tell you to suck it up, because i'm just as bad, if not worse! He sure is a cutie though!