Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year!



So I've finally gotten around to writing again. I know, about time! We left to spend Christmas with my family at 6 AM Saturday morning, after Jack's 5 AM feeding. The drive out there was scary in some parts, as I-80 had icy patches in spots, and there was snow blowing across the road the majorit of the way. That made for some bad visibility, also. We even passed a really bad accident going the opposite direction right before we hit Rawlins. It involved two cars that looked like they had crashed into something from the front, a semi truck, and a totally smashed black car that was unrecognizable as to what kind of car it was. It appeared that the semi had smashed it into a railing on the side of the road. How awful, especially before Christmas! Trevor, my brother-in-law, saw an article in the paper about it a couple days later. It turns out that the black car had a family of four in it; the parents and two daughters, 19 and 17. Everyone but the 17-year old were killed, and she was in critical condition. I can't even imagine being the only one in my family to survive something like that, and go on without them. How lucky I am to have made it home safely after a great Christmas holiday, and to have such a wonderful family!
Well, our Christmas was fantastic! I really enjoyed the time we had with my family. Everyone but my mom got to meet him for the first time.




Amy's kids, Brooke and Marnie, liked watching him get baths, and were pretty helpful.




We spent a lot of time playing this super fun board game called Ticket To Ride that Gwen got us last Christmas. Amy loves it, so my mom got her the Europe version of the game for Christmas. We played that one a ton, too. Our family used to do puzzles every Christmas, so we started up that tradition again, too. You know, the ones with like 1000 pieces? Doug wasn't much of a fan of puzzles, so he and Trevor bonded with the Xbox 360 and the Wii. As for Jack, well... he definitely got in enough sleep...



My parents took us all out for a steak dinner to Outback the Saturday before we left, that was SO nice of them! It was great to be with all the adults of the family for an hour or two, good times!

I have plenty of other pictures on the "My Pictures" link on the side, or click here to see the rest of the pics from this trip. Gotta go take care of the baby now!

4 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

cute pictures. It was so fun to see you guys. You have the cutest baby ever! I like the new layout!

Ryan and Cecily said...

That is so sad about the family in the car accident. I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas with your family this year!

Melinda H. said...

Toni, I can't tell you how glad I am that you made it safely there and back. I was worried when I thought you'd left on Friday! I tell you, that drive is treacherous! I'm glad you had fun seeing your family and had a very merry christmas!

Janaca said...

That picture of your little boy in the Santa outfit is so adorable! I love it. You have such a cute family. I'm glad you had a good Christmas! How did you get your layout to go from one side of the computer to the other? I can only get it in the center...