Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hooray for Schedules!

I just re-did my header. Whaddya think? It's a picture I took in Cozumel last summer. Today is Doug's long day at work, 12 hours! He won't get home until after 9 tonight. I spent Monday cleaning out our basement. We had stuff everywhere! I can better organize it once we have more shelves to put stuff on, but for now, I was able to organize most of it into categories (camping stuff, seasonal decor, baby clothes, luggage, etc.) and find a few items like computer bags and an old golf bag that we can donate. I know it sounds like nothing, but I felt a sense of accomplishment afterwards.
Jack has started smiling a ton more, and I think I finally have him on some sort of schedule! That's so nice now because now I don't have to sit around for him, working around his schedule. He sleeps for 30-60 minutes in the morning (we're still working on this one, sometimes it takes him 30 minutes to fall back asleep once I put him down), and about 4 hours in the afternoon. What a long stretch! He's still a little fussy in the evening, but it has been getting better. Last night, he slept from 10 PM to 4 AM without waking up. Woo hoo! It was so nice to get a long stretch of sleep. He's been going 4 or 5 hours at night, so I think we're on our way to him sleeping through the night.
I'm heading out tomorrow with my friend Christy to look for a blessing outfit for him, and an outfit for his 3-month pictures next month. Can you believe he's already that old! Time sure does fly once they come. Hopefully I'll find some good stuff!

3 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

Man! He is so stinkin' cute! Congrats on the schedule, don't you feel born again? I remember getting to at least a bit of some normalcy and being able to predict what we were doing and when and it was so nice! Love and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Toni,

He is so cute!!! I love seeing the pictures of Jack. I'm glad to hear that he's starting to get on a schedule.

Try Costco for formula. They have the cheapest on both generic and name brand. It's totally worth the membership for diapers and formula. Good luck!

-Christine

Toni said...

Thanks for the advice, Christine. That actually is where we buy his formula, diapers, and wipes. I think we're set for life with those wipes! They really are the cheapest.