Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Social Life Does Exist

I had the opportunity a few times this week to hang out with my friends. It has been so nice to have a social life this week! On Monday night, Doug and I went to our friends Brady and Rachel's for dinner, and stayed over to watch a football game and socialize. They're so much fun to hang out with!

Wednesday, my friends Melinda and Heidi (two of my old co-workers) came over after work and we talked for awhile, then played that Ticket To Ride game I had mentioned in an earlier blog entry. Heidi had never played before, and she won! Beginner's luck. We also devoured some edamame in the process, yum!

Yesterday, I called one of my old college roommates, Cecily, who lives nearby. I don't get to see her very often, so it was so much fun to catch up and reminisce about our BYU-Idaho days together. I can't believe how funny we used to be, staying up until 2 and 3 in the morning every night. Was there really that much to talk about every night? Apparently so. We went to Chili's for lunch, then to Old Navy because they're having half off of their clearance items. I only found two things I was going to buy, and got in line. Their line went 3/4 of the way to the back of the store, no joke! After waiting in line for about 10 minutes, I decided it wasn't worth it as we were only to about in the middle of the store at this point. We left and headed next door to Target, where she helped me pick out a new sleeper for Jack (since that's mostly what he wears), some new bottle nipples (yes, he's almost ready for the next size up again!), and more formula. Isn't it ridiculous how much formula is? It's like $1 an ounce! Once we checked out, she came over where we played Sequence and caught up some more.

Hey Cec, here are a couple from college!
Ahh, good times!


Doug had some fun with Jack tonight; here's some proof of that when he stole my camera:




He enjoys staring at the sides of the swing when he's in it. What a goof! Have I mentioned how big he's getting?



Doug and I went to the information center at the top of the hill today to see when the community center will be done. We're supposed to have a pool, exercise center, fire pits, and a few other things in a month or two, the lady said. Our HOA will go up, and will cover our membership to it. We're excited to use it!

5 comments:

Eliza Brock said...

What a cutie! Sorry you didn't find more at the Old Navy sale, bummer. I wish we could come to the blessing. Love you!

Ryan and Cecily said...

Wow! I haven't seen those pictures for a long time, if ever! I think I look older when I was 18/19 then now, when I'm almost 25! haha. I'm so glad you called, and we ended up hanging out. We'll have to do it a lot more. You're great Toni!

The Bluths said...

It's nice to see Cecily again! Bonfires at the dunes, I remember those :)

Janaca said...

I'm glad that your social life exsists Toni because I feel like mine sure doesn't!

Justin and Heidi Nelson said...

wow, TONS of snow on CHristmas! That's fun and festive, besides it ruining your plans huh? Can't believe how big Jack is getting! You guys are a cute family!... love that smile!