Monday, January 21, 2008

Snowblowers, Schedules, and Sleep

We woke up to a HUGE snowstorm this morning. Doug took our SUV to work instead of his car; otherwise, he wouldn't have made it in. We've had to shovel the driveway at least once a week since Christmas, and today was awful! That's my handy shovel work you see in the picture. I'm ashamed to say it took me a whole hour, and I didn't even finish a path for Doug to get into the garage when he comes home! It makes it twice as hard to shovel when you run out of places to throw the snow, and have to put your back into it and toss it over the huge pile we already have surrounding the driveway and sidewalk. Yikes! We really don't have the money for it, but I think this calls for drastic measures: a snowblower. We're expected to get another really big storm this weekend, so I think it may be a necessity at this point. Too bad they're so dang expensive! I'll have to contemplate this one while I sit here and continue to thaw out.

I'm still working on that schedule I mentioned in the last post. Some days he does great at following it. Others, he just does what he wants. Yesterday, he had a half hour nap here and there, and then I finally put him in his crib to nap at 3:30. It took him about 20 minutes before he fell asleep. Then today, he followed the ideal schedule great! I put him down to nap at 2:30, even though he wasn't acting tired. It took him about a half hour to fall asleep. Is that good? Or should I have gone to get him after 15 minutes? At any rate, he's still asleep, two hours later.

I think I've reached the light at the end of the tunnel! The last two nights, Jack has had his last feeding of the day at 10, and has slept until 5:30! Doug and I have been so ecstatic about this! We have experienced a good night's sleep. What a milestone!

3 comments:

The Bluths said...

Good job jack! My dad always had a snowblower so that was nice for when we went to school and everything.

Ryan and Cecily said...

You have to let us know when and if you decide to get the snowblower. I'm sure you could get a lot more done in one hour! :)

Woodine said...

Don't feel bad about letting him lay there for 1/2 hour. Sometimes I'll go in and pat my baby on the back to reassure her that I'm here if it's been 10-15 minutes, but I try not to pick her up....just to not set a precedence. But you're the mom, so you know when your baby needs to be held and when he's ok in his crib. Good luck with that.

We're big Craig's List fans here...maybe someone has a snowblower?