Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

So, Doug and I decided to go see Horton Hears A Who on Friday, and leave Jack with our great friends and neighbors, Amber and Clayton. I baby-sat their little boy, Tyler, on Thursday while she went to a doctor's appointment, so she offered to watch him sometime. I dropped him off at their house and started crying when we got in the car. Doug was like, "Um... we don't HAVE to go." It was probably good for us though, to have some time alone, even though I missed him. It was the first time leaving him for that long with someone other than one of the two of us. I only called to see how he was doing once, so I thought I did pretty well for the first time! Amber said he was happy the whole time, and even slept on Clayton's shoulder for a half hour. That's our boy!
I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of Jack on his first Easter! I guess we had a little bit of a busy day yesterday, so I didn't even have time to think about it. We were even about 15 minutes late to church! My mom mailed us a goodie package with this super cute Easter basket for Jack, to go with the theme of his room:

When we got home from church, Jack ate and went to bed, then Doug and I ate and cleaned the house up a little. Doug's parents and brothers stopped by for a few minutes and gave Jack his Easter present, which consisted of a stuffed dog, a puppet, some Cadbury Mini Eggs (my favorite) (sorry Jack, Doug and I will have to eat those this year!), and a cute summer outfit. I sure hope it gets warm soon so I can put those on Jack! All of us then headed over to Doug's uncle Mark's house for dinner. The food was so yummy! His aunt Debbie was so sweet for having us over, and she's such a cute hostess. Her house was decorated so cute for Easter. Jack fell asleep at like 6:45, before we even left, so we decided that was our cue to leave. When we got home, he was a little out of sorts, so I let him fall asleep with me in his chair before putting him in his crib. I know that's naughty, but sometimes it's nice to do that (as long as he doesn't get used to it.) I hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments: