Saturday, March 15, 2008

Husbands Say the Darndest Things

Jack woke up at 7:45 this morning. Even though I got up to feed him about 2 hours prior, I decided it would be nice to get up with him and let Doug sleep in, because, let's face it... neither of us are able to do that too often anymore. I got Jack, brought him downstairs, and tended to him until 9:15 or so. I went and put him upstairs for a nap, and Doug came down just a few minutes later. He says hello and sits down on the couch.

Doug: "I was kind of waiting for breakfast to be served. Do you know when that's going to be?"
Toni: "Um, yeah. It was served two hours ago when I got up with your son. You must have missed it."
Doug: "Oh. Darn! You could have brought it up to me..."

A half hour later...

Toni: "I'm going upstairs to take a shower. Jack should be asleep for at least another half hour. Will you listen for him?"
Doug: "Sure. What should I do when he wakes up? Come knock on your door?"
Toni: "NO! You go get him!"
Doug: "I know, I'm just teasing."

6 comments:

The Bluths said...

Was he serious about the breakfast thing? I can't remember the last time I made breakfast for Ethan. He always makes me breakfast.

Eliza Brock said...

Oh that is hysterical!! I can just picture that situation in my head. Thanks for sharing and making me laugh!
~Eliza

You Go Doug!!
~Jon

Mike & Nicole said...

That is so funny, I can pitcure Doug saying that! Oh how we miss you guys. I got your message, yes... I was in D.C. I'm sad I missed you.

Ryan and Cecily said...

That's funny! That's great that you guys can laugh and joke.

Clayton & Amber said...

Way funny...sounds like something Clayton would say-seriously! Haha.

Janaca said...

Wow! I can't believe husbands sometimes...what are they thinking? Gotta love em though right?!