Saturday, March 29, 2008

New Toy and New Tooth

We're all very thankful to say that Eliza's surgery went very well, and she's recovering much faster than last time! Feel free to check her blog if you'd like more details.
First off, I just wanted to say how thankful I am to have Jack in our lives, he's been such a blessing. He's at the point now where he can pick up his toys and chew on them, but can't sit up on his own yet. Which means... I have to hold him while he plays with his toys, or lay him on the floor while I hold his toys. We got him an activity gym this weekend so that he can sit in it on his own and play while I get things done around the house. It's a win/win situation! Plus, I think he kinda likes it... what do you think?

Also, we reached a milestone this week! Jack's first tooth sprouted on Monday! This means even more drool (as you probably noticed in the picture above), and more fussiness. The poor guy was just screaming at the top of his lungs and crying every time I put him down yesterday morning; he really didn't feel well. Sometimes, I guess he just needs his mommy. I'm glad I still cherish those moments.

Something else we noticed a couple days ago is that he breaks into laughter if he hears Doug or I laughing, which then makes it hard for any of us to stop laughing. I was talking to my friend Christy on the phone while Jack was eating, and I kept laughing. Every time I laughed, I noticed Jack would stop eating, and just stare at me and laugh. He did the same thing when my friend Cecily was over yesterday and we were laughing about something while walking up the stairs. What a funny boy!

5 comments:

Steph said...

I'm glad to hear Eliza's doing well! Thank you for your kind comment about Bill.

Isn't teething fun? I never had a problem with Tyler teething, but man! Brayden is a beast when he teethes! Jack sure is adorable!

Eliza Brock said...

Cute baby as always! Love you!

The Bluths said...

Luckily Logan never really minded teething, but I know some kids have the hardest time. That is so cute about him laughing, you'll have to get it on tape.

Britney Anglesey said...

I can't believe he's already teething! Good luck! Ellie still hasn't but we'll see . . . I'm so jealous you and Cic getting together. Have fun! Brit :o)

Weston and Karen said...

Of course I remember you!!! It's fun to find blogs of old friends. your little guy is so cute. Haylee was born Nov 6th so they are the same age. Teething scares me. Gook Luck.