Friday, April 11, 2008

Boring Update

We haven't had too many exciting things happen since my last post. Last weekend was general conference, so we were able to watch that from the comfort of our own home Saturday and Sunday. It sure was nice to watch it here since Jack slept off and on during the sessions. Inbetween sessions on Saturday, Doug and I went to a local nursery to look at plants that we like, since we have to do our front landscaping soon. Then we drove around other neighborhoods closeby to see the type of fencing they did in their backyards. We got some great ideas, and even knocked on someone's door to find out the type of wood they used, and who installed it. Doug went to the priesthood session on Saturday night, which left Jack and I home alone. It made me miss my mom and sisters so much! It seems that everyone else around here hangs out with their mom during the priesthood session, and I don't have that opportunity. Cassidy invited me to go hang out with her and her friends, but since it was right in the middle of Jack's bathtime, last feeding, and bedtime, that made it a little inpractical.
This week has been a blur. I've spent a lot of my spare time working on a blog book that I found online last week. I have been terrible at keeping a journal or scrapbook, but do pretty well at updating and posting pictures through the blog. This program lets you download their software for free, and uploads all your blog entries (including pictures) into this program, and you design it into a book. An instant journal/scrapbook once you have it looking the way you want! It's been so much fun, and I'll have something to remember the years by. I'll let you see the finished product once it's ordered.
Doug woke up at 12:30 on Wednesday night feeling super sick, and was up throwing up until about 1. He slept on the couch, and thought it may have been food poisoning. I had to ditch my friend Christy yesterday to take care of him. Jack and I got up and went to the grocery store at like 7 yesterday morning to buy sick food (apple juice, soup, etc.) Jack was awake for three hours straight because of that yesterday morning, so when we got home and after I fed him, he slept for three hours straight, until his next feeding! That doesn't happen very often! During that time, I was able to assemble most of his high chair, since he's getting to that point now. It works great! He looks so tiny in it.
Draper city is drilling out all of the cracked cement in front of our house and surrounding houses yesterday and today. In fact, they're right outside Jack's window right now, and he's trying to sleep! Let's hope it doesn't keep him up. They're required to replace the cement around here when it cracks, which should keep the neighborhood looking nice. Also, we have a lady coming to give us ideas on our landscaping. If we like her ideas, we can hire her to design it for us. I'll let you know how it turns out!

4 comments:

Weston and Karen said...

Hey Toni, just e-mail me your e-mail address so I can add you to my blog. Teu02001@byui.edu

Janaca said...

That blog book sound so cool! I didn't know you could do that. I used to be great at scrapbooking, but since my sister moved to Arizona and I had Jordan I haven't done anything! That would be a good way to at least have something!

Eliza Brock said...

WE miss you too. Love you, what a cute nephew I have!

Mike & Nicole said...

I'm sorry Saturday night was no fun. You can always come hang out with my and my mom! Oh, FYI... my dad has a landscaping company. I bet he could come give you some ideas/quote if you want. Let me know if you are interested.