Friday, April 04, 2008

Hair Makeover/Hair Donation

This was me this morning...
























And here is what happened afterwards...


























Isn't my friend Christy the coolest?



She cut and highlighted my hair today. It's still longer than I thought it would be after cutting off 10 inches! I'm going to donate it to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths. It's the only cancer hair donation place that I know of. When my sister, Eliza, lost her hair and was looking for wigs, she couldn't find any place that would donate to cancer patients. I had heard of "Locks of Love", but they only donate to alopecia patients. Lame! I'm glad I can help out a cancer patient now (even though I read that it takes 6 peoples' hair to make one wig). Pantene's Beautiful Lengths was started recently by Hilary Swank. I think her quote below pretty much sums up my own feelings about it:

"I was a little nervous because I haven't had short hair in a while. But then, when I thought about why I was donating and how my own hair was going to make a difference in another woman's life, it was a wonderful feeling. Besides, now I have a cute new hair style!"

10 comments:

Janaca said...

I had no idea your hair was so long! That's cool that you were able to donate it, and you're right, you do have a cute new hairstyle! It looks great.

The Bluths said...

Awesome!

Mike & Nicole said...

Holy crap your hair was long! I did you get it to grow so fast? I wish I could do something like that... my hair does not grow:( You look fanstastic with your new do!

Christine said...

Toni, I was a little scared when I saw the first pictures and thought your hair would be REALLY short, but it isn't at all! That is so cool that you donated it!

Heidi said...

I love the hair cut!!! You look so cute. I can't believe how long your hair was. I swear whenever I saw you (which wasn't often enough) your hair had grown like 5 inches! You look amazing!

Rachel and Brady said...

I love your new haircut! I can't believe how long your hair had actually gotten. I think it's great that you donated it. One of these days I am chopping my hair, and I'll donate it too :)

Kakes said...

Hey Toni, this is really good to know! I've been wanting to donate my hair (still in the process of growing it out) and just assumed locks of love when to anyone who needed hair, but I will definitely donate to Pantene when I finally get the length to chop my hair off.

Ryan and Christy said...

What a fun blog! I love the pictures. And I must say, I had a BLAST chopping off your hair and highlighting it :) I'm so glad you can donate it to cancer patients. You look amazing!

Ryan and Cecily said...

Toni! Cute haircut!! I love it! That's cool that you donated your hair. What a good thing to do!

Janna said...

TONI!! You look SO great! And so does Christy. You should tell her that I say hello! And I am so proud of you for donating your hair. I have always wanted to do that but I hear that they won't take hair that is dyed. Is that true? Well, I think that you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!