Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Down and Out

So I'm sure you're wondering why I haven't called recently... okay, probably not. Well last Thursday, I started to have a sore throat. By Friday afternoon, I was having Doug check my throat because I thought I might have strep. Saturday, my sore throat turned into a bad cold, and by Sunday evening, my voice totally left me. Yesterday, I had no voice all day long, and it's still missing. Have you seen it? I'd really like it back! It's awful losing your voice. The night before last, I was up like every hour, coughing and walking around because my nostrils were clogged, and I couldn't breathe. Don't you hate that?! It was so bad that Doug opted to sleep in our guest room last night to get a decent night's sleep. Of course, last night, the only times I woke up were to tend to Jack. Poor Doug! Yesterday, the cold flu was accompanied by feeling achy all over, and I could barely pick up Jack. I had to call for reinforcements, so Doug's sister, Cassidy (pictured below with Jack from when we went to the cabin in February), came over and helped me out. She watched Jack for me, and even took care of me! What a great sister-in-law. Love you Cass, and thanks again!
On a happier note, one of our big investments have finally come through for us! This will definitely help us out financially, so that takes a huge burden off of our shoulders.
This weekend, we drove down to Orem to get our sprinkler plans fixed. Doug will start the trenching in our yard on Wednesday, and then will have the rest of the week to install sprinklers. Once that's done, our home builder gave us a certificate for 2000 square feet of sod when we moved in, so we can just have that delivered, and we'll have a lawn! I'm so excited for that, it will look so much better, and be so nice for all of us (especially Buddy, I think he misses it.) I'll be sure to post some pictures of the stud at work on the yard. The forecast calls for rain Wednesday through Sunday, so hopefully that doesn't ruin things for him!

5 comments:

Melinda said...

Dang Toni! I started having the exact same symptoms yesterday, I hope I don't lose my voice! I hope you start feeling better. Congrats on the investments, I know that you guys deserve it (well, actually you deserved it 6-8 months ago) but, I guess patience is a virtue. Call me soon and let us know if you need help w/ trenching / sprinklers, we're experts now!

Heidi said...

No good! I'm sorry you are sick! I hope you feel better soon. It will be great to see you yard take shape.

Eliza Brock said...

Love you! Sorry you're sick. Gotta love Cass, that sweetheart. Congrats on the investment. I hope you guys can breathe a little easier now. Still excited to see you soon!

Janaca said...

Sorry you're not feeling good! It's no fun being sick, especially when you're a mom and someone is depending on you! Hope you feel better soon and that's exciting about the sod!

Janaca said...

Thanks for your comment! I'm glad to know I'm not alone. We definitely should get together!