Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Mom's In Town!

My mom was here last week, which was so exciting! She arrived with my aunt Holly and cousins Katie and Camille on Wednesday afternoon. They're from the Boise area, and drove down and picked up my mom from the airport on the way. The first day they got here, we were already going 100 miles an hour! We went to the South Towne mall in the afternoon, then home for dinner. I made that Costa Vida chicken with the rice and dressing. It was so good! Then we drove to Orem to see my cousin Corrine. She had her baby that same day; a beautiful little girl named Addison. On Thursday, all the girls (except me) went to women's conference the first half of the day, then I met up with them to go to the University mall and Olive Garden. Yummy! I was able to attend women's conference with them on Friday while Doug watched Jack. It was hard to leave him all day, but was probably good for both of us. It was great because we got there early enough to sit on the floor seats of the Mariott center. Since we stayed there the whole time, we were able to be so close to President Monson when he was the last speaker of the day. How awesome!

My aunt treated us all to Chili's Friday night, which was also amazing. On Saturday, we drove up to the Park City outlets. They had some amazing deals up there! My mom of course spoiled me and got me some things. My favorite was a gray a-line skirt from Bass. Thanks so much for everything, mom!

My aunt and cousins then dropped my mom and me off while they packed up their stuff and decided to drive to Provo for the rest of the day and spend the night there. My mom, Jack and I went to Kohl's and the grocery store in the afternoon, and spent the rest of the evening at home with Doug. What a sport for letting all these extra women into our home last week. I hope he doesn't feel too neglected. I know Jack doesn't feel neglected. He was a hit the whole time! Even on Friday when we were at women's conference, he was able to get spoiled by his other grandma, and Doug's grandparents for a few hours while Doug was at his grandparent's house. He's such a happy boy, he's excited to be around anyone. He's such a loving spirit in our family!

I love it when my mom comes, and hate it when she goes! She always spoils us rotten, so that's great. Plus, it's so nice to talk to her in person about anything and everything. I don't know what I'd do without her! It wasn't as bad dropping her off at the airport this time because at least I know I'll see her again on June 4th when Jack and I fly out there for 10 days. Less than a month away, woo hoo!

(from left to right) Jack and me, aunt Holly, Camille, mom, and Katie

On another exciting note, my neighbor friend Amber had their baby boy on Sunday, and named him Mack. I'm so excited for them, and can't wait to see him tomorrow when they're home from the hospital! Now we'll have a Mack and a Jack when we get together. How funny!

6 comments:

Ryan and Cecily said...

Mack and Jack...that's funny! How fun for your mom to come and visit! I love moms. It looks like you had a blast. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it!

Ryan and Cecily said...

p.s. I LOVE your blog background! Nice work!

Mike & Nicole said...

Awe, it makes me warm and fussy inside just readin this post. I love it when the girls get together in our family! Good times. I'm glad is was a successful weekend. I just realized how hard it would be to not live by my mom... I'm sorry you have to do that! It makes me sad thinking about it. Anywho, sorry again I missed you the other day. It would have been fun to see you and catch up.

Brennen & Cassie said...

Hi Toni! This is Cassie, Brennen doesn't get on her much, only when I tell him to check out or latest post. But it did want me to tell you he says hi! We are actually living in Draper right now working for the summer. Where do you live here?

Brennen & Cassie said...

Ha! I just saw on your profile that you guys are in Draper as well!

Eliza Brock said...

Um...NO YOU DIDN'T!! Ok though you're right, who doesn't love um bop and really Hansen all together. :-) What a cute looking crew. I wish I could have been there. These dumb kids always getting in my way. K, just kidding. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!