Monday, June 02, 2008

Busy Week

Last week was so crazy, but so much fun at the same time! Monday was Memorial Day, I hope everyone had a safe holiday. Doug wasn't able to work on the yard because it was rainy... again. Jack is getting so close to crawling, he can get up on his hands and knees when we put him on his stomach! He's such a roly-poly now!
I believe Tuesday was the only normal day. Wednesday, Doug took off work because his youngest sibling, Kolton, graduated high school. Yay Kolton! After his graduation ceremony, we joined his family for lunch at a japanese restaurant in Provo (I think it was called Osaka). Jack sat at his first high chair in a restaurant, and just wanted to grab everything within reach. I got one of his books out, and he had never been more interested in the pictures on it. Funny guy! Kolton left the next day for Oregon where he's selling satellite TV for the summer. I heard he's already made a couple sales. Way to go! He won't be back until September. We'll miss you, dude!
We invited our friends Amber and Clayton over for dinner on Thursday night, and we had that costa vida chicken and pork. It was yummy! They have the cutest little boy named Tyler, and just had another adorable little boy named Mack. There was a really cute moment when Tyler laid down on the floor by Jack, and was holding his hand, but I wasn't quick enough with my camera. This is just right after that.
And Ty kept grabbing Doug's hand, and wanted Doug to go play with him. He's so dang cute! I didn't get any pics of the rest of their fam, so I'll have to do that next time they're over. They're so much fun to hang out with!
This weekend, we had our first family "vacation" together, just the three of us. We bought a membership to this resort in Midway, which included a buy one-get one free at their super nice golf course (which Doug said included a golf cart with a sweet GPS system on it and tips for each hole), and some overnight stays. We hadn't used either of these yet, so we took advantage of them this weekend. Doug went up and golfed with his brother Friday afternoon, and Jack and I met him up there at check-in time. I took Jack swimming for his first time at their pool. The water was a little cold, Jack's lips turned blue after about 15 minutes! So, we didn't swim for very long. I took him back to the room and fed him dinner and gave him a bath. Then Doug met up with us and we went to their restaurant called Matti's Bistro and had dinner. After dinner, we went back to our room and put Jack to bed, and watched National Treasure 2. Jack woke up about 20 minutes into it, so I picked him up, and he just laid on me for like 15 minutes just sitting still, then fell asleep. I just kept him there with my hand over his ear so we could turn up the TV and hear the movie without him waking up. The movie was decent, I thought the first one was better.
We both took Jack swimming the next morning, and the water was a little warmer then. I'm pretty sure he liked it!
You can see the rest of the pics from this vacation (I know, more pics. Can you believe it?) here or by going to the My Pictures link on the sidebar. Saturday, we came home and unpacked, and tried out Jack's jumper for a second time. He still needs to get the jumping motion down, but he had fun twirling in there for a little while while mom and dad rested.
Then we had Buddy and him up on the bed with us. Jack got a hold of Buddy's fur, and was hanging on for dear life. Buddy let out a loud yelp, and Jack thought it was the funniest thing ever! It's a good thing Buddy knows not to bite Jack because he doesn't know better.
Wow, what a busy week! Jack and I leave for Colorado on Wednesday, and won't get back until the 14th. I'm so excited to see everyone!

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Toni! You have the cutest little boy ever!! I love the rock wall in the back yard, it looks great! I'm sorry I didn't call, I thought you were leaving last Wednesday, not this Wednesday. I'll be sure to give you a call when you get back so that you can teach me to blog! Anyway, I hope you have a great trip!

Kakes said...

Oh my goodness, Jack seems like the happiest boy I have ever seen, or he is just really photogenic, but my guts tell me that...he is both (and that I am hungry, ha, ha. Lame joke). Seriously, I love the expression in his face, you can totally tell his mood by his face. I don't think babies come much cuter than him!

Janaca said...

How fun! I would love to get away like that for awhile. It's so fun when they start rolling and crawling, etc. Enjoy his limited mobility though while you can!! :)

Ryan and Cecily said...

It looks like Jack did have fun swimming when the water was warmer! The picture of Jack and Buddy is cute and I agree that it's a good thing Buddy knows not to bite Jack!