Monday, June 30, 2008

Hike and First Baby-sitting Experience

Doug bought a baby back carrier while I was in Colorado, and we were able to use it for the first time this weekend! It hurts our back a little, but it sure beats trying to carry Jack around with us. It's a great investment because we both need more exercise, and what better way to do it than walk out our backyard and get on a trail? Unfortunately, the trail is a little rocky and uneven, so I think we may search for a smoother trail. It just made us a bit nervous with a baby on our back. We went in the morning after Jack's first nap since it was supposed to reach 95 that day. That explains the lack of make-up on my part.



We found this wicked spiderweb on the trail. Creepy!


Buddy was so hot, it was almost funny! He's like "adventure dog" when it's all downhill in the beginning, but when it's time to hike back up, he's totally out of breath, and tries to find shade wherever he can. He was panting like this like the whole way up, even though we gave him water every 5-10 minutes. I don't know if he can hack it again!

Also, Doug and I took our first baby-sitting experience this weekend, and went on our first date without Jack. My good friend, Cecily, and her husband came over and watched him while we went out. We're both still a little nervous to leave him with one of the young women in our ward. I'll admit, I did miss him a little, but it was so nice to actually eat a hot meal together. We went to Winger's and chowed down on their delicious wings. Then we went to see Wall-E. I thought it was okay. Worth seeing, and a great message, but a little slow in parts.

On the way home, it was so great to totally blast the radio. I haven't done that in so long! You can't really crank it up when there's a baby in the car, you know? And I always have Jack with me. It was fun to see Jack in a good mood when we came home, and Cecily said he didn't cry at all. What a good little boy! Anyway, thanks for watching him, Cec! I may have to take you up on that again soon.

8 comments:

Brennen & Cassie said...

Looks like lots of fun! I keep telling Brennen we should go hiking up there by where you guys live. Hopefully we will before we leave to go back to Idaho!

Eliza Brock said...

Holla woman! You are a yuppie boulder family in these pics. I bet that backpack rocks! Poor buddy!

Janaca said...

Hiking sounds fun! Those carriers are smart. We never got one for Jordan, so maybe on the next one. Good for you for going out without the little one. It's still hard for me to leave Jordan! About swimming...I work Tues-Fri but I'm home by noon. Jordan usually takes his nap shortly after though so sometime in the afternoon is probably best for us. What works for you?

Weston and Karen said...

That is so funny about the radio thing. I always blast it when I don't have haylee with me. I'm glad you guys got to go on a date. I'm sure he was in great hands with cecily.

Kakes said...

Jack looks so happy in that first picture, well he looks happy in all the pictures, but that first one especially. I think it is so adorable that you all got some exercise together as a family.

nathanandalyssa said...

Looks like you had a good time! What a funny dog. We went to Wingers the other day, too!

Clayton & Amber said...

awesome backpack! I love the pics, and I still don't know how you are so brave to hike back there! Creepy is right! Thanks for the good swim, Ty loved it.

Ryan and Cecily said...

We had such a good time with Jack while he was awake, lol! Take me up on it again Toni! Jack is so adorable and I really enjoy spending time with the little guy! :)