Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baby Shower Baby Shower

No, I didn't stutter with the title. Two of my good friends, Christy and Rachel, are both due to have a baby within a week of each other. I threw a shower for Christy last Thursday, and Kateka and I threw a shower for Rachel on Tuesday. And they're both having girls; how funny is that? Jack will have quite a selection! It's just been one big party at my house! Poor Doug was stuck upstairs both times, but he was such a good sport. They both turned out very well, and were tons of fun! We played the same two games at both: One was a nursery rhyme game where everyone was given a sheet of nursery rhymes with certain lines in them missing, so they had to fill in the blank. It was so funny how the older people at both showers seemed to know the most. The second game we played was called "Name That Baby Tune Artist." We listened to 17 songs that all had the word "baby" in them, and they had to guess the artist. We changed it up a little at Rachel's shower, where they had to name the song title, too, for an additional point. It was funny how puzzled some people got trying to remember the song artist. I hope you guys had a good time!


4 comments:

Janaca said...

You're such a good friend for doing those showers! I can tell you went to a lot of work. It looks like they were fun and I'm sure they both appreciated it! :)

Nathan and Alyssa said...

Your hair is cute! It's fun to see pics of the 1-800 Contacts crew. I didn't even know Rachel was pregnant! That's awesome. Looks like the showers were fun!

Melinda said...

Ah dang it Toni, I so sad I missed Rachel's shower. Trust me, class was more boring than watching paint dry!! I'm sorry I couldn't be there to help. I'll see you on Saturday!

Kakes said...

I had so much fun! I think the shower was a success. Just gotta say, I think you little stinkin' gorgeous in the picture I took of you!