Monday, July 28, 2008

Doug's 30th Birthday Weekend

Doug's good friend Chris, from Michigan, came over on Friday with his wife Leila, and their new 6-week old Sienna. This girl already has so much thick black hair, it's crazy! What a cutie. The boys went golfing while Leila and I took the kids to the mall and did some shopping, then met the boys at Olive Garden for lunch. Then we came back here and hung out for a couple hours before Doug took them back to Chris's uncle's house. It was great to see you guys, and that's a cute baby you have on your hands!
Saturday was Doug's 30th birthday barbecue, which was a success! A lot of people commented on the food, so I guess that's good. Thanks to everyone that helped out with that! Doug's big present was an xbox 360 with the game Rock Band. We bought Rock Band, and then ordered the xbox off of ebay. The guy we ordered it from didn't ship it when he said he was going to, so we didn't think it would get here in time. Luckily though, it showed up at noon, right during his party, so we were able to break it out and play it while everyone was there. It's been fun so far! Now Doug has something he likes to do while I finish up these Twilight books (I'm almost done with the second book!)




My sister Amy and her family got to our house about 4 or 4:30 from Colorado, and stayed the night with us again. After the kids went to bed, we played Rock Band with them for a couple hours. Doug and Trevor were still playing it when Amy and I went to bed. They got up and left the next morning to head back to California. It was great seeing you guys!
Yesterday was FINALLY a relaxing day, without having to worry about if the house was clean or not. Doug even let me have a nap while he watched Jack, even though it was his real birthday yesterday. Happy birthday Doug-e, love you!

8 comments:

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

Sounds like it was a success! Sorry we couldn't make it. Terry is still recovering from his 30th a few weeks ago ;) Jack is getting so big! I still can't decide who he looks like. Maria says he looks like Mckade, but I'm not so sure. Hope to see you at the shower!!

Mike & Nicole said...

What?!?! Doug is thirty?? No way...

ps... did you cut your hair again? I like that length on you, it's super cute!

Eliza Brock said...

Dude. Doug. You're old.

wish we could've been there, looked like a real par-tay!

Love ya!

Only 3 days until book 4 comes out....YEAH!!

I am assuming you are liking them then, huh?

Ryan and Cecily said...

Happy Birthday to Doug! I'm glad his party was successful! The pictures look like you had a great time!

Nathan and Alyssa said...

It looks like you guys had fun! Rock Band is sure a fun game.

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melinda said...

Toni! I am such a terrible friend! Our neighbors kitchen caught fire and we were helping them all day. I'm SOOOO sorry! I meant to call but I had final papers to write. Anyway, tell Doug we're sorry we missed it. I have a pack of golf balls for him, for his big 3-0! Happy Birthday Doug!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.