Saturday, July 12, 2008

Swimming with Janaca and Jordan

My friend Janaca and I took our boys to the Lehi swimming pool on Thursday, and our boys had so much fun! They didn't open until 1 PM (which was kind of a bummer because then both boys were there during their nap times), and were total nazi's about having not only a swim diaper, but a plastic diaper over the top. I can't say I blame them though, since last year, RIGHT when my sisters and all their kids were out visiting, is when they had to shut down all the public pools due to that disease that was going around from poop in the pools. We were asked twice before we even paid to see the gear we had for the kids, then a lifeguard checked again while we were in the pool because he couldn't see the plastic diaper. And poor Jack, when we were done swimming and I took off his suit, he had a purple line on his leg from his swimsuit over the top of the diaper and plastic diaper, because it must have been so tight! Poor baby! I guess it's time to retire that suit, and stick with the bigger one that will fit comfortable over the top. I know, after all the blogs I've entered about my son hurting himself or getting stuck, you can now safely say that I'm a horrible mother.

Jordan is almost two, and he loved the toddler slides! He kept getting back in line for those, which was so cute! They had some little bouncers for babies that Jack enjoyed for awhile, until I took him out to go move around their "lazy river" type area. It was just a big circle where they had the water always flowing around and around. He seemed to really enjoy himself! We stayed for about a half hour until Jack started getting really tired, and just wanted to lay down and close his eyes. I love the Legacy Center pool, it was a blast! Thanks, Janaca!

Notice the ear-tugging: a clear cut sign that he's tired.

7 comments:

Ryan and Cecily said...

I love the Legacy Center Pool. We went last year and it was a blast...right before they closed down all the pools. Gross!

Janaca said...

Thanks again Toni! I'm glad we got together and let our boys have fun. We'll have to do it again soon.

nathanandalyssa said...

That looks like a fun pool! Your pictures are so cute, and I can't believe how big Jack is! So, you'll have to let me know where to find those plastic diapers to cover the little swimmers. Talk to you later!

Terry & Melissa Rees said...

Hey, I just emailed you about the party. Terry has to study for the Pharmacy board exam so I don't think we will be able to make it. Sorry! If anything changes I'll let you know. Thanks for the invite!

Mike & Nicole said...

You are not a bad mom! Looks like you guys are having a fun summer!

kalls&joel said...

Hey it was good to see you the other day!!! What are the chances of that. Sorry I couldnt stay for long! I hope you found some fun stuff at the mall :)

Eliza Brock said...

You suck, I love that pool! I wish it was by me, I guess I will just have to move there for the pool. As always mr. jack attack is so cute. Glad you had fun. Miss you!