Monday, August 25, 2008

Mischievous

mis·chief (not what I thought it meant)
–noun
1. conduct or activity that playfully causes petty annoyance.
2. a tendency or disposition to tease, vex, or annoy.
3. a vexatious or annoying action.


4. harm or trouble, esp. as a result of an agent or cause.
5. an injury or evil caused by a person or other agent or cause.

6. a cause or source of harm, evil, or annoyance.
7. the devil.

Okay, obviously, he's not the devil. Jack has just been finding trouble everywhere lately! We bought some of those baby-proof cabinet things last week, and found out that we have to screw them to our cabinets. We hate to ruin them that way, but at least Jack will be safe. We had a heck of a time getting the first one on, and we were even off a little bit! So every time we want to open that cupboard, we have to push the baby-proof tab in while shutting it.

On Saturday, we invited Doug's parents to go with us to a rib cook-off they had downtown in Salt Lake. I must admit, I was a little disappointed with it. In the ad on TV, it said it was just $5 to enter. It didn't say that once you entered, you had to purchase the food from each vendor. Lame! It was super hot too, so we didn't end up staying for very long.

Doug's youngest brother, Kolton got home this weekend after being in Oregon all summer selling satellite TV. He told us how he got dropped off to go door-knocking, and said, "Yeah, I was supposed to go sell, but then I'd find shaded trees that looked so much more appealing, and I'd just lay down and take a nap." He's so funny! He couldn't believe how big Jack got while he was away, and Jack took to him right away. Look how much he was posing for the camera with his uncle!



And here he is riding on grandma Nelson's horse with Kolton and Kade, his other uncle. They had fun on the tramp with him, where they'd jump and Jack would bounce in my lap. He loved that! He also loved crawling around on the grass for like a half hour.

5 comments:

The Bluths said...

Those cupboard locks are the devil! They are so hard to install and if you are off oh well because it can't be fixed since the holes would be too close together.

Ryan and Cecily said...

I like the definitions of mischief! I laughed when I saw the last option..."the devil". Pretty funny!

Weston and Karen said...

He looks like such a fun little guy. Thats funny about the fires. I mean not really, but funny how the converstaion with the honey played out.

Melinda said...

Toni, your baby is so dang cute! Don't stress about the fires, I think you're probably safer where you are than those who live just above wastach in the Sandy area. Call me soon, my stupid messenger has been screwed up since my computer got hacked into... dang helpdesk.

Mcbride Family said...

He is so cute. Those mischeivous pictures look EXACTLY like my little guy. Those are his favorite activities, us chasing up the stairs countless times a day cause he cannot figure out how to get down safe, playing in the dishwasher...mainly with the utinsels, and crawling under everything! How old is he?