Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Birthday Weekend

The time has come where I'm no longer 25. Say hello to the big 2-6! Weird. Time sure does fly. So earlier last week, I had a little plan for the front porch, which won't be complete until we purchase the big pumpkins, but here's what I've come up with so far:
I found the basket at Thai Pan Trading, and the scarecrow thingy and hay bale at Michael's.

I was sick on my actual birthday right alongside Jack, so that kind of sucked. And somehow, my sickness turned right into allergies somewhere in there. I have been completely miserable with those for the last few days. I have an allergy to sagebrush, which is funny because a lot of the land behind our house is covered in sagebrush. I didn't really think that through when buying this house, did I? Moron. It was funny last night because we were watching the news, and right before they started into the weather, they were mentioning the pollen in the air. And the reporter started going off about how bad the sagebrush pollen is right now. I was like, "Yeah, thanks!" My eyes just itch like CRAZY. I've tried Allegra, Claritin, Claritin-D, and even Rx eye drops. NOTHING seems to help. Anyone have any other ideas I could try, besides moving?

On my actual birthday, Doug left for work at the normal time (or so I thought), and he showed up about 45 minutes later with donuts, flowers, and some really sweet cards. In Jack's card, he said that he'd be getting up with Jack Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday. I tell ya, that was one of the best presents, getting to sleep in all three days in a row. It's been so long since I've been able to do that. It meant so much to me that he surprised me like that on the morning of my birthday. I really appreciated the thought he put into that. Later that night, we were both able to watch the premiere of our shows: Grey's Anatomy and The Office. Thank goodness for DVR's, because they're on at the same time!
On Friday, we went shopping for a few presents, where I got a new pan with a lid, some new pajama pants, a rug for the kitchen, and some new shoes. We had our very first paid baby-sitter come over Friday night (which we were both nervous for), while we went to Market Street Grill for dinner. I got their fried shrimp, and Doug ordered their yellowtail. They were both yummy!

Doug's family came over Saturday evening where Doug cooked up some of his delicious ribs, and we had those for dinner. He also made my cake, which was special to me. Nice work, babe! His family hooked me up with a JC Penney gift card, a Kohl's gift card, and one of my favorite movies, The Holiday. My parents mailed me some good money, too, so I have yet to spend that!
I spent my gift cards yesterday on some socks at Kohl's (I know, sometimes you just gotta buy stuff you need), and I'll have to spend the rest later. I spent my JC Penney one on some rugs and towels for our bathroom, which isn't quite complete, so I haven't taken any pictures.

My energetic niece, Alex (pictured here getting a makeover with my make-up earlier this month), picked out a birthday card for me, and it came yesterday. My sister said that Alex was like, "This will be her most favorite card." She also mailed a piece of gum with it. Thanks, Alex! Although, I don't see why Jack didn't like it so much. Funny kid!

11 comments:

Clayton & Amber said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TONI! Sounds like your family and especially Doug gave you a great Birthday. I'm such a lame friend that I didn't even know. Cute porch; I've been working on creating mine too before C's family comes this weekend. Help me! And I love the video of Jack with your BDay card. So funny!

The Bluths said...

Well Happy Birthday! Cute idea for your front porch, very festive.

Cee Cee said...

Sounds like your b-day was a blast! I know how 26 feels like your old and everything...not in your early 20's anymore, but just wait for 30 girl! I got a little grumpy about it myself. My poor hubby says he's planning a business trip when I turn 40:D Ha-ha! Anyway...Happy Belated Birthday!

P.S. Your little Jack is toooo cute!

M&A said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!! I hope you feel better! BTW Jack is so cute in the video clip... even tho he is sad

Rachel and Brady said...

Happy belated birthday! Sorry I missed the actual day. I'm glad you had fun though. Funny how after a baby comes the gift of sleep is the best gift of all! :)

Nicole said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday! I am anxious to hear how Doug is come Sunday with the little sleep:)

Melinda said...

Happy Birthday Toni! You are such a great decorator, I am jealous! Cute shoes BTW!

Weston and Karen said...

Happy happy birthday. Sounds like you got a whole weekend out of it. Good for you, you found yourself a great man. I feel like 26 is still mid twenties. I turn 27 in a month and that is late twenties. Holy old, So enjoy 26. It's a great year.

Jason, Janaca, and Jordan said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds and looks like you had a great day. That's so sweet of your hubbie to let you sleep in.

Eliza Brock said...

Hey momma!
Just catching up on your blog. Alex is like "why doesn't Jack like my card" She doesn't get it. Love the porch, and your new shoes. Hope you had a good Bday!

Ryan and Cecily said...

Happy Birthday Toni!! Your new shoes are SO adorable. It looks like you had a blast of a day!!!