Saturday, September 13, 2008

Twilight Series



FOREWARNING: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT THE ENDING SPOILED

Can you believe that I'm actually talking about something other than my son? I know, I never thought I'd see the day. So, I finished Breaking Dawn a couple weeks ago... probably while the rest of you were reading it for like the 4th time. I have to say, I don't know if I loved the ending. My favorite part in the series was in Eclipse; the tent scene. And, pretty much most of the first book. I think they talked a lot about a fight that may occur toward the end of the book, and I was sorely disappointed in the outcome. I think I preferred Jacob for Bella toward the end of the 3rd book, and it seems like he was a totally different person in the last one. Overall though, I enjoyed finally reading again for the first time since, like, college. And I'm excited for the movie to come out in December. Who wants to go see it with me (given that it's not a midnight showing because I'll be sound asleep by then)? What's a good recommendation to read now?

5 comments:

M&A said...

My favorite part in the 4th book was when Bella attacked Jacob for imprinting on Reneseme, Jacob lovers prob. didn't like that but I thought it was really funny!!

If you are looking for a new book to read you should read The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale! or Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden, I love those books!

The Bluths said...

Ok I am starting to be a book person now, never thought the day would happen. I've been into books that have some sort of romance in them. If you dig that try these:

The Host (I loved it) also by Stephenie Meyer.

Traitor, and LDS book my mom left me. Didn't look like one I would like (because I judge books by their covers...I know, but it was REALLY good).

These Is My Words. Just finished it, loved it.

Ryan and Cecily said...

I agree, Shannon Hale is an EXCELLENT author. Pretty much anything by her is good.

I didn't really love Breaking Dawn either. Twilight is my favorite by far. I also really loved The Host. It was really good.

This is a site that you type in a book you enjoyed and it suggests others that are similar: What Should I Read Next

Heidi Breitling said...

Did you know the movie got moved up to November 21st? Harry Potter is going to come out next summer so they moved up the Twilight premier!! So excited.

Clayton & Amber said...

Sorry, I think the movie scares me more the the books. I just might have nightmares about some vampire staring at me! I should read them before I judge them...but I just can't do vampires! Boo for me, I know.