Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Murder Mystery Madness




This past weekend, Doug and I hosted our very first murder mystery dinner. We had so much fun! We invited all of our good friends to participate, and had a fun-filled evening. I even got to use my china for the very first time, and it was a hit! The murder mystery was seven rounds, and so we had seven different foods (one for each round.) with a menu that listed foods like "swamp water" (minestrone soup), "Witch's apple nectar" (apple cider), and "Road kill on a stick" (beef and vegetable kabobs.) Doug and I played cooks and waiter/waitress, and stayed plenty busy. But it was still so fun! I wish I would have taken a picture of all the decoration we did... we put caution tape all over the door, spiderwebs in the corners of the room, skulls as centerpieces along with "blood dripping" candles, candy in the shapes of body parts, etc. Thanks to everyone who participated and brought something. I think it turned out really successful.

3 comments:

Ryan and Cecily said...

Thank you so much you two!! Ryan and I had a BLAST. The "road kill on a stick" was really delicious!

Clayton & Amber said...

Everything was great, but Clayton and I have to agree that the "Road Kill on the stick" really was killer! Great pics. Thank you!!!

M&A said...

The party was super fun! Thanks for inviting us!