Friday, October 17, 2008

Oops... I Did It Again

So, I'm 7 weeks along right now, and I took the test at 5 weeks. Doug wasn't home when I took the test, he was at a Utes game with his brother. I made him guess the secret the next morning by saying it was a surprise for our anniversary. It was hard to answer his clues without giving anything away. He was asking things like, "So, it's something you made? You didn't buy it?"

The morning sickness is here, and has only lasted all day, well... today. It must mean that it's upon me now. I think it went away with Jack about 14 weeks. My wonderful mother-in-law came over on Monday to help out with Jack (who has been sick), and I was able to take it easy. I think that really helped me feel better. She even brought me some Subway for dinner, which was SO nice because you know when you don't feel well, the last thing you want to do is cook. Thanks, Gwen! The hardest part of my last pregnancy came in the third trimester when I had cholestasis of pregnancy and hypoglycemia, so we'll see if either of those show their face again.

Since my insurance is different than my last pregnancy, I have to see a different OB this time around, which I'm kind of bummed about because I really liked my last female OB. My cousin used to work at Timpanogos Hospital, and she recommended me to a male OB in American Fork. My first appointment is on October 27th, but isn't with the doctor himself. I'll give another update when that gets closer.

Back to my usual obsession, here's a picture of what I found when trying to get Jack to sleep the other day when he was sick. How in the WORLD did his pants end up off?... Twice?
I feel so bad for him when he gets a cold because he can't breathe out of his nose at all. He usually takes a pacifier when falling asleep, so when he's sick, the pacifier makes it impossible for him to breathe, thus taking forever for him to get to sleep. I think he's finally starting to feel a little better, so that's good. Doug and I may get a decent night's sleep again sometime soon!

6 comments:

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

congrats! jack's not even a year old-you are brave! i don't think we'll wait to long either for #2 either. they're too much fun!

Jason, Janaca, and Jordan said...

I hope your morning sickness goes away soon and that Jack gets feeling better. I know it's hard to do anything when you feel sick let alone take care of your sick little boy. Take care!

Kakes said...

Hey Toni, thanks for your kind words the other day on my blog. I really appreciate it! I am so excited for #2 baby. I love that you made Doug guess his suprise. I also realized looking at your little slideshow of pics when you were first married that Doug look's way older with a beard/goatie. Sorry, that has nothing to do with anything. Anyway, thanks again!

Nicole said...

Congratulations!

Ryan and Cecily said...

That's too bad you have to get a new OB for this pregnancy! My OB doctor (Dr. Ryan Jones) is in AF too. Who are you going to?

Michelle said...

Hey!!! Congrats Toni!!! Again, you are brave!! I think I finally found a blog for retards, so maybe I can actually do this one!!!
mschleiffarth.shutterfly.com