Monday, November 10, 2008

Relief... Here at Last!

I think I forgot to mention that when I was at my OB office on Thursday, I was able to see our little fetus on an ultrasound machine! After my OB/GYN finished looking at my allergic reaction, he said he wanted to make sure everything was going okay with the baby. So he whipped out one of those little devices they use to listen to the heartbeat. After about a minute of not finding it, I said, "Uh oh, this is starting to make me nervous." He says, "Oh, don't be nervous. It's still so small, it's hard to find. But don't worry, I won't let you leave with any doubt in your mind about the baby." I was so impressed with this! He finally stopped the doo-hickey in one spot on my stomach, looks at me, and says, "You hear that?" I said, "No, but if you hear it, that's good enough for me!" He tried again, and I still couldn't hear anything, so he had his assistant bring in his ultrasound machine. It was so tiny, and I was able to see its little heart beating! How awesome!! And I was so impressed with him since that was my first time meeting him.
The dermatologist that I met with on Friday prescribed a topical steroid cream for me, and this one is finally working! My dumb rash is finally starting to disappear, slowly. I haven't needed ice once today, and didn't have to get up to get it at all last night. Now that the itchiness is subsiding, the morning sickness is getting much worse. But, at least my morning sickness wasn't as bad when I had that allergic reation. I'm grateful it's just one thing at a time so far!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Yay, Toni! I am so happy you're finally getting some repreave! I hope your staph infection has cleared up too. Hope you get over that dang morning sickness quick!

Ryan and Cecily said...

I'm glad to hear that you are FINALLY getting this rash behind you! What a relief! Also, how awesome you got to see your little baby!

Kakes said...

I am glad you are feeling better. I am excited for baby #2!