Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hooray For Snow!

Jack was finally able to break in his snow stuff that he got for his birthday this past weekend! We got some snow, so we dressed him all up in his snow pants, boots, coat, mittens, and hat, and he could barely move in all the stuff! He looked like a little penguin. Doug took him to the park by our house where they have a very steep hill, so they could go sledding. I wasn't able to go because I attempted my mom's cinnamon rolls for the first time, and they took all day! I ruined the yeast at the very beginning, but they still turned out okay. Those are our gifts for neighbors (but not too many because they don't go very far once you put five or six on a plate!)

Doug said he could only take him down like three times before he was exhausted, and I don't blame him! But he said Jack had so much fun that he laughed. You can't see the park or hill from our house, so I only got pictures of them when they came back.

They came inside and I fixed them some hot chocolate. Jack totally drank his like it was a bottle, not stopping until it was gone. Yikes! That boy is a chocolate fiend already. We've gotten a lot more snow just over the past few days, and we're due to get more today, tomorrow, and Friday. It sounds like the whole country is in this arctic blast!

4 comments:

Kakes said...

You two are such good parents. Jack got to spend the day with his daddy and then come home and have his mom treat him to hot chocolate (which in my book is the same thing as heaven... love hot chocolate).

Janaca said...

How fun! I'm glad we finally got some snow...it looks like we'll be having a white Christmas.

Eliza Brock said...

Cute picutures of the boys.

Christine said...

That little Jack is so cute. He's growing up! I'm glad that your rash is ok and that you didn't have to do a biopsy! Ouch!