Monday, December 29, 2008

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Wow, I guess we've been pretty busy lately! I had a doctor appointment a week or two ago where we did the triple screen test (the one where they check for neurological defects and such.) That came back normal, so that was a relief. We got the news that Doug's biological dad passed away about a week ago, and we've been dealing with the loss of that. Doug took a couple days off of work, and a couple days later, it was Christmas! We spent Christmas with Doug's family this year, where we drove down to Payson to his grandpa's house Christmas Eve, then spent the night at his parent's house in Spanish Fork. Doug's grandpa has Santa come ever year for everyone to sit on his lap and say what they want. As you can see in the slideshow, Jack was more than happy to see Santa from a distance, but didn't want anything to do with him up close. We enjoyed a tasty meal, and I brought a homemade banana cream pie to add to the dessert pile. We then came back to Doug's parent's house and put Jack to bed, as he was exhausted. We watched a little TV, and then I hit the hay before 10:30. I know, lame pregnant woman.

We all had breakfast Christmas morning, then went down and opened presents. Jack seems to be happy with his loot, although, he didn't enjoy opening up his share. He was done with all that jazz about 15 minutes into it. Maybe he'll be more excited next year, right? We hung out with Doug's family the rest of the day, and spent the night again, where we woke up to a huge storm the day after Christmas! We made it home okay, but had snow drifts in our driveway that were 2 feet tall in some places! Luckily, we lived on that side of the street, because the wind blew some 3 and 4 feet snow drifts into the driveways across the street. Doug just plowed through them and into the garage. I'll admit, I was puckering.

The rest of the weekend was nice and relaxing, just hanging out together, and going to church on Sunday. That was such a nice way to end the week!





Plus, Jack started up with this on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to us!

8 comments:

The Monahan's said...

Cute...I was worried Abby would be the same way with Santa, so I didn't even bother this year. And going to bed at 10:30 while I was pregnant would have been considered a late night. I usually went to bed by 9:30. So you aren't nearly as lame as I was.

Ethan said...

Whose dog is that in the pictures? You have seen my blog right? With my new Doberman puppy?

Jack got a Jack-in-the-box, I think that's cute.

(This is Ashley by the way)

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

So sorry to hear about dougs biological dad. How did he die? Hope Doug is doing ok. Jack was a cutie on Christmas Eve!

Cee Cee said...

Sounds like an eventful holiday at your house too! Hope all is well. I can't believe what a good little walker your Jack is! WOW! How fun:)

Melinda said...

Oh, you have had an eventful few days! Glad to hear that the baby is healthy!

I'm so sorry to hear about Doug's biological father. How's Doug doing?

I can't believe that Jack is so mobile! Look out world! Thanks for posting those pictures of Jack with Hades, Jared loves them!

Eliza Brock said...

cute fam-dam-ly. I love reading up on you guys all the time.....I am a total blog stalker. I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

Kakes said...

Wow! He does so good with walking too. What a cute and sweet gift for Christmas. By the way, thanks for the compliment on my blog. I LOVE your blog too!! :)

Ryan and Cecily said...

I can't believe Jack is walking!! Crazy! Good luck with that! It seems you're doing well with the pregnancy thus far. I'm glad to hear that! Also, sorry about the passing of Doug's biological father. I'm glad he was able to have a few days off of work. My condolences to you both.