Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year!

Doug's parents came over and watched Jack for us on New Year's Eve so we could have a night out. It was just what I needed, too! We went out to eat at It's a yummy sushi bar in American Fork. That had to have been one of the best meals I've had in a long time! Don't worry, I stayed away from the tuna and yellowtail.
After dinner we went and saw
and it was SO sad, but such a good movie, too. Doug and I agreed that it was a movie worth seeing in the theater. I had tears running down my cheeks by the end, it was so touching. You sure forget what it's like to go out and spend time together as a couple when it doesn't happen very often. You forget how much you need that time alone together. Thanks for baby-sitting, Kevin and Gwen!

7 comments:

Christy said...

That movie looks so good. I want to see it. I'm glad you had a great New Year! Lets get together soon and hang out.

Weston and Karen said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun new year. I'm excited to see that movie. It's so great to go out without the baby. I forget that we used to do that all the time. It's crazy to think about those good ol days being babyless.

Kakes said...

I liked the movie too! It was really sad though. Sigh, I am glad we age like we do.

Melinda said...

I'll have to try Yapona! I'm glad you guys got to get out and do something.

Nathan and Alyssa said...

It's been a long time since I came to say hi! It sounds like you guys had a fun date. Those are precious and rare for us too! Hope your holidays were great!

Ryan and Cecily said...

We went out to a yummy sushi place in IF. Oh, it was so delicious!! I'm glad you and Doug had a chance to get out alone. I'm sure it's nice to switch things up every now and then.

Nicole said...

Just catching up on blogging. I am so sorry to hear about Doug's dad. I hope he is doing ok.

We love Yapona! I am suprised we haven't see you there. And I am scared to death because I did have a couple bites of a roll with tuna in it before I realized it was tuna! I hope my baby is ok.

Oh, and you can come by anytime. Mike would never snub you! I'm sure he would be thrilled to see you at our door.