Thursday, April 23, 2009

Avendesora Haylen Mondy

I forgot to mention that my brother's tiny baby girl was born on Sunday, and is 15 weeks premature. She was born only 25 weeks along, weighing in at 1 1/2 pounds and is only 13 inches long. My sister-in-law had preeclampsia with both this pregnancy and the last, which is what forced them to take the baby out early.
Ethan's wife, Brandy, is doing much better, and I haven't heard if she's been released from the hospital yet. Aven is still going through a lot, but seems to be doing as well as can be expected. If you're interested in following along with their journey, you can see their blog here or in my sidebar. Doug and I are praying for you guys. Love you!

5 comments:

THE MONAHANS said...

Thats gotta be so tough for them. I wish the best for all of them. Such a tiny little baby.

Ryan and Cecily said...

Oh my gosh! What an ordeal. I thought when I saw the picture that you had your baby early. That is such a tiny baby. Good luck to them and the sweet babe.

Melinda said...

:( If that doesn't tug at your heart strings, I don't know what will!! I hope that they can get through this part of life quickly and as pain free as possible!

Jessica said...

No words can express how such a precious little life along with our Heavenly Father will do amazing things! I have your brother and family in our thoughts and prayers!

Cee Cee said...

I've been so worried! Talked to Brandy last night...she sounds great! What a trooper. Aven is soooo sweet (thanx for the pix)and we are praying for her too:)