Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Week

So, it turns out that I'm the mom that forgot to take pictures of her little boy playing with his Easter basket stuff on Easter morning. I didn't even get a picture of him in his Easter outfit, but that's another story.
Jack woke up from his nap on Friday with a mild fever, and it lasted for about 24 hours. It was really hard for either of us to get anything down him, including juice. And you know you can't force a toddler to eat, OR drink. Luckily, he started drinking a lot more Saturday night. After he went to bed Saturday night, Doug and I watched Marley & Me. Of course I cried a couple times, but it was definitely worth seeing, in my opinion. During the movie, I had been "dying" to try these silk tie easter eggs that I heard about from one of my friends last year. It was my first time making them, so they don't look spectacular. But it was fun to try something new.
You wrap the eggs in silk ties (we got some at the D.I.) and cook them that way.
Jack woke up Sunday with no fever, and seemed to be eating a little better. He was surprised to find his own Woody doll from Toy Story, and an egg with a little Elmo and Grover inside. He wasn't too interested in the candy, feeling as sick as he did still. I wish I would have gotten a picture of him grabbing his Woody doll. He got this big smile, and carried it right to his daddy to show him. That kid is in love with Toy Story, I tell ya (but only like the first 15 minutes, then he's over it.) We went to sacrament and then decided to come home, since even that was a lost cause with Doug chasing Jack around the foyer the whole time. Jack had an awesome 3-hour nap, and then we drove to Doug's parent's house for some food and socializing. Jack had a major blowout, so we had to give him a bath... hence the reason I wasn't able to get that picture of him in his Easter outfit. He got it on his pants, his socks, and even his shoes! Then on the way home, he threw up. He threw up twice more and had two more accidents before bedtime, so I guess he's not all the way better yet. But we're getting there, hopefully...
My friend Christy cut and highlighted my hair for me on Tuesday. They finished their basement before they had their baby, and she put in a salon down there. So she does her clients' hair at her house now. It was so funny because it took us like 5 hours to complete since we both had our kids to tend to! We cut about 4 or 5 inches, so it looks a lot different. But I love it; I think she did an awesome job! So here's the new A-line 'do, and the belly at 32 weeks.
You're awesome, Christy! Thanks again.

13 comments:

Rachel and Brady said...

Super cute hair! You look great!

Weston and Karen said...

You look amazing and your hair is so cute!! I love it.

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

I am dying to cut my hair short!! I look terrible with it but I need an easier 'do. Yours looks great! I didn't get a picture of Deacon in his Easter outfit either!! My batteries went dead, of course!

Kristy E.B. said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl! Wish I looked that little at 32 weeks, lucky you!

Maria said...

You look so cute with your short hair and belly! Glad things are going well.

THE MONAHANS said...

You look great! Hope jack gets feeling better. Stomach bugs are the worst!

Kakes said...

You look beautiful!

Janaca said...

Man that blowout sure doesn't sound fun!! Sorry Jack was sick. Your hair is adorable and you look so cute pregnant and great for 32 weeks! Those eggs are neat too!

Sunny said...

You. cut. your. hair!

It's so amazingly cute! I absolutely love it! I hope you do too.

Melinda said...

I LOVE your hair!!! It's so cute!! Poor Jack! I hope that he's feeling a little better now. I love your eggs btw, that is such a cool idea, we'll have to try it next year.

Ryan and Cecily said...

Toni, your hair is SO cute!! I love it! Your belly is pretty darn cute too. I'm back in town. Let's try to plan something soon!

Eliza Brock said...

Love your hair sweets! Excited to see you in a few weeks!

Nicole said...

Lookin' good lady! I love your new hair cut!