Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fun Recent Events

I absolutely love going out with my boys! This past week has been a lot of fun with them! Last Saturday, we got up and got ready to go to the mall to get Doug's belated Easter present (a new hat.) We were up at 7:30 and still didn't make it out the door until 10 or 10:30! While we were at the mall, we decided to take Jack on the carousel in the food court, and he thought it was the bomb diggity. He had the biggest grin every time he passed me!

Afterwards, we stopped by Fuddruckers for lunch. My, they were a little more pricey than I expected! But the food was good. When you first walk in, there's this dude with a guitar, which is one of Jack's obsessions. This pic is for you, dad! Here he is pulling a Vanna White next to it with me.
We sat by the arcades at the restaurant so Jack could get down when he was done and play around with them while still in sight. He waited for so long for this car racing game to be vacant so he could mess around with it, and was pretty upset when we pulled him away from it.
Quick funny fact about Jack: He enjoys eating a whole pickle... after he gets past the first few bites.
On Tuesday, Jack and I convinced Doug to play hookie and go with us to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. How can you resist that when the weather man himself states it will be one of the 10 best days of the year? Jack enjoyed walking around by himself for the first half, going from stall to stall. This calf really loved him. He walked from the back of his stall all the way up to Jack when he came by. It was so sweet!
He didn't care for the pony ride.
After the pony ride, he was too wild, and we had to strap him down in the stroller for the rest of it. He wasn't too thrilled about the stroller part, but I think he still enjoyed viewing the rest of the barnyard creatures.
After a nap, Jack was ready to go again and hang out outside some more. This boy loves the outdoors! He gets so mad whenever we go back inside.

What a great couple days I got to spend with them!

8 comments:

Christine said...

That Jack is one handsome kid!
Have I seen you with your hair cut?? You look so cute! I love it!

Karen said...

Cute pics. I love spending days with the fam. I begged Weston to skip work one day last week but he wouldn't cave in. Oh well, haylee and I still have fun by ourselves.

Ryan and Cecily said...

That is so cute about the calf! I love that Jack is touching the calf with just his pointer finger, lol. So cute! I'm glad you had a nice few days!

Janaca said...

That's fun you were able to spend time together as a fam! Enjoy the time you have left with just Jack...it's SO much harder to go anywhere with 2 kids, let alone a newborn. I feel like I've been stuck inside way too much.

THE MONAHANS said...

You guys do the funnest stuff. Abby loves playing outside too. We almost have to trick her to come inside! Bytheway, your looking super cute while pregnant!

Janelle said...

I hope I look like you when I am pregnant. You look amazing.

Melinda said...

SOOO Cute!!! I love the picture of the vanna white pose! BTW, we need to get together soon, I took my finals today and am OFFICIALLY done with classes!!!

Kakes said...

I love that last picture of him. I love them all, but especially that one.