Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby #2

Realizing that we now only have two months left until the baby's due date, I got cracking on getting ready for this baby to come last week. I was starting to freak out, as I hadn't gotten anything ready yet. Now I realize it doesn't take that long to get ready for the second one, since pretty much everything you need is in storage.

Jack had fun going through his closet with me, helping me get out all the mobiles and the baby car seat. What a great big brother already!
I ended up getting out all of the burp cloths, baby blankets, 0-3 month clothes, and washing out the car seat. Luckily, all the clothes fit in Jack's dresser too, so they can share. We also got some newborn diapers and a big box of diapers from CostCo. I think all I need to do now is get out the cradle, and get our (and Jack's) overnight bags packed. But, I'm pretty sure I can wait a little while on both of those, right?

After I washed the car seat insert, Jack had a blast getting in and out of it. Then his dad wanted to try on this U of U helmet on him.
Nice look, Jack! You've got a few more years of training before the real deal. Then Jack thought it would be fun to put it on daddy...
Good times! So, yeah... not much going on here except for what my neighbor referred to as "nesting."

9 comments:

The Bluths said...

How exciting! Not much time left!

Weston and Karen said...

Wow I can't believe that in two months you're going to be a mommy of two. So exciting!

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

How funny. I'm just starting to put all those things AWAY! It's very depressing... just a few more weeks and Deacon won't fit in his carseat anymore! I'm excited for your little one to get here!

THE MONAHANS said...

How fun! It sounds like it's a lot less intimidating the second time around.

Michelle Bingham said...

2 months left! Wow! You've got plenty of time! That's if your like me though! Everything's last minute! Probably a lot more... manageable your way, but... Anyway! Super excited for you guys!

Kakes said...

Ah! I can't wait!

Shannon said...

That's great that you are on top of that. Keagan came a little over a month early and I was completely unprepared! I didn't have a single thing ready!

Kakes said...

Ha, ha. No. Not pregnant. And I am not saying that in like a, "No I am not pregnant (but yes, I am, we just haven't told anyone yet!)" kind of way. We're not trying yet. :) I promise to let you know when I am.

Clayton and Amber said...

You are all ready! I hope Jack feels better soon. Poor guy, and poor mom and dad. It stinks when the kids are so sick like that! Love the new hair cut! So cute!