Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Good News

I visited my OB last week for a blood test to see if I had cholestasis of pregnancy, the liver condition I experienced when I was pregnant with Jack. I've had itching on my stomach still, but nowhere else. When they diagnosed me with it with Jack, I had to go in for NST's (non-stress tests) twice a week to monitor the baby. I got the call yesterday that my results were negative. No cholestasis!

We also scheduled an induction date. If this baby doesn't come on its own by June 1st, that's our scheduled date. Wow, it's official: this baby boy will be coming in the next month or so. Crazy!

6 comments:

Janaca said...

Yeah! That's good news. I'm glad it was negative. That is so exiting your so close to having this baby boy! 2 is definitely harder but lots of fun too.

Maria said...

I hope you have him while I am there! It would be be fun to see him. I hardly ever see Jack and he's so grown up now! I'll be in Utah from 5/12 to 5/20.

Ryan and Cecily said...

I'm so glad you don't have cholestasis!!! WAHOO!!!

Kakes said...

I am so glad that you are okay! I am so excited for this little baby to be born!

Melinda said...

Woo Hoo!!!! Dang that cholestasis was no fun! I can't believe you'll have another baby in a month or so!!! You have to call me if you need anything!!

Nicole said...

Wow! Less than a month? That means I am right behind you. Scary. I don't feel ready at all.

I was catching up on your blog and read about your niece. I am so happy she is doing so well being that pre-mature. She is adorable.