Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Psych!

So I was having contractions again yesterday for a couple hours every 7-10 minutes apart. I called my OB and they said to drink lots of water and take a warm bath, and if they don't slow down, to go to labor and delivery. I was also having some moderate lower back pain. The contractions didn't slow down, so we drove to labor and delivery where they hooked me and baby up to monitors. They did the dreaded cervix check, and I was only 2 cm dilated and 40% effaced. The baby was monitored for 20 more minutes or so, where they said to drink LOTS of fluids and hopefully that would help.

Here I am at the computer, drinking my 4th bottled water for the day, feeling constantly like I've had too much to drink. I'm still having contractions, but not as strong. No baby yet, but I don't think it will be much longer now!

7 comments:

Janaca said...

Oh my goodness!! How exciting but a little scary. He's not TOO early so I hope everything goes ok if he decides to make an early entrance. GOOD LUCK TONI!

Terry and Melissa Rees said...

Oh I can't wait to get preggers again!! It's so true, you forget all the pain! Hope all goes well!

Mark and Audrey said...

yay im so excited! good luck toni!

Ryan and Cecily said...

Toni! You better stay sitting tomorrow! I can't wait to meet Jack Jr. and I'll see you tomorrow. What errands do you need run or is there something I can help with? Love you! Take it easy!

p.s. You're a wonder woman.

Maria said...

That's so exciting!

Melinda said...

YAY!!!!!! Here he comes, like it or not!

Jottings By Jess said...

Good luck hun! Cute, cute. Melinda told me you were going to have a baby last week... looks like it didn't happen? Well, I can't wait til you come visit and show us your new little bundle of joy. Love you and hope all is well!