Friday, September 18, 2009

Stupid Economy

As many of you already know, Doug was laid off last week. We have tremendously enjoyed having him around every day, but it's also stressful with both of us looking for jobs, and not even landing interviews anywhere. The economy really does suck when you're on this side of things. We were able to go to the temple for the first time in a long time this week, and hopefully that will help give us blessings. If any of you hear of a finance job where you are, PLEASE let us know!

Meanwhile, here are some recent pics of the boys.

Jack helping Doug in the garage


Lincoln using his Bumbo for the first time!


Jack playing with a bunch of stickers, and saying "cheese" for the camera (nice gut, Jack!)


Lincoln falling asleep with daddy


Lincoln falling asleep with mommy


Lincoln playing under his toy and giving us some good smiles

12 comments:

Janaca said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Toni!!! I sure hope he finds something soon. There are too many people that this has happened to and I hate hearing about it! It can happen to anyone anytime it seems. Good luck and I'll keep your family in my prayers!

Maria said...

I am so sorry for all the heartache you're going through! Things will turn up eventually. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Karen said...

Stickers are my favorite thing to occupy Haylee right now. I love them all over jack's body. So cute. I'm sad to hear about your husband's job. The economy is stupid. I wish you guys the best trying to find work.

Cecily said...

I love the cute pictures. I hope the perfect job shows up soon.

THE MONAHANS said...

So sorry to hear about the job. What can we do to help?

Cee Cee said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry! I will definately keep my ears perked for you around here...I'm sure you wouldn't mind being back in Colorado...right???!!! LOL! Hang in there:)

Melinda said...

Ugh, I agree... stupid economy... I am keeping my eyes and ears open for any openings in the finance world. I LOVE the picture of Jack with the stickers, I laughed out loud! What a cute little kid! BTW, I know you were applying at 1-800 and I don't know if you still are looking for yourself, but there will be a receptionist job opening up at my work within the next week or two... just a thought.

Christy said...

The economy really does suck! I keep forgetting to send you that text about a couple jobs. Ill send it in the morning cuz it's probably too late to send it now. Lets get together some time next week! It was so good to see you on Saturday. Thank you so much for coming. It meant a lot to both of us!

Woodine said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! I hope something turns up soon - and we will keep you in our prayers.

And your kids are ridiculously cute.

Kakes said...

You are right, the economy is like my worst friend right now. Me and the economy are totally over. Anyway, I hope the economy is a good friend to you and helps you both with finding a job. Oh and happy birthday tomorrow!

Clayton and Amber said...

Cutest pictures of the boys. I laughed at Jack and his stickers...funny boy :) I'm sorry about the job search...no fun. We are praying for you guys. I'm glad you're getting some good family time...always fun!

Clayton and Amber said...

Cutest pictures of the boys. I laughed at Jack and his stickers...funny boy :) I'm sorry about the job search...no fun. We are praying for you guys. I'm glad you're getting some good family time...always fun!