Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas in Colorado

We ended up leaving a couple days early to Colorado to beat the storm. My newest niece, Brea, was born on Wednesday, December 23rd. Mom and baby are doing fine. Here she is meeting her sister Caylee and brother Aiden for the first time with grandma:
Here I am getting my turn with her. What a tiny baby! You always forget how small they come.
Poor Heather soon after her c-section. I was so glad to be there for that special time!

Doug and Jack got invited to go on Jon and Eliza's 4-wheelers on day with the sleds. Jack enjoyed the 4-wheeler ride better than the sled ride behind it because he was getting sprayed in the face with snow. Here he is with his wonderful cousins.

Here's Jack opening his Christmas Eve present: a pair of Toy Story jammies!

Look! Brother has some to match! Jack wouldn't get closer than this to Lincoln.

Here's Jack and Lincoln with their cousins, Isis and Aven. This was the first time I was able to meet baby Aven, too, since she came out of the NICU. She's actually like 2 months older than Lincoln, but she was only born at like 24 weeks along. She's such a sweetheart!! I'm so glad she's still here and so healthy. What a blessing!

Daddy and Jack on Christmas morning

Daddy and Lincoln on Christmas morning

Jack loves his guns! Thanks, Grammy and Papa!

Lincoln enjoyed reading his new penguin book from his brother

Jack and Grammy opening a present together

Nieces and nephews Alex, Caylee, Aiden, Olivia, and Cody. Jack loved playing with Cody!

The fam, minus Lincoln, on Christmas day

Lincoln being happy with Papa
Heather stopped by on Christmas day on her way home from the hospital, so we got to see Brea again. Here's my beautiful sister, Eliza, holding her.

Alex playing peek-a-boo with Lincoln

I got the stomach flu the day we left, along with my dad, brother, sister, and niece. I was SO upset about it because we were supposed to have a girl's lunch and go shopping that day. What a bummer! At least I made it home with no accidents. That would have been HORRIBLE. Here's a picture of Jack asking Doug to take his picture, while I lay on my death bed in the background. Ugh!

Home again, home again, jiggity jig! Thanks for a great Christmas, Mondy's!

6 comments:

Cee Cee said...

Looks like it was a blast...minus the stomach flu of course! Hope 2010 brings your cute little fam wonderful things!!!!

The Monahan's said...

Lucky you! I don't think we've been able to spend a Christmas in Colorado yet. I love the matching jammies!

Melissa Rees said...

So glad you made it back safely! Terry is so in love with Lincoln! He is such a cutie

Melinda said...

Ha ha ha! What adorable boys you have! I can't believe how dang cute Lincoln is! I didn't think any kid could be as cute as your Jack, they're both like little hallmark children! BTW, I have an x-mas gift for you! We need to get together soon!

Kateka said...

Your family looks like so much fun! I love Lincoln's big (brown??) eyes! He always seems interested in everything going on around him.

Nicole said...

I like the picture of Jack and Lincoln and jack won't sit next to him. Too funny! Looks like you guys had a great christmas! Hope you are doing well.