Wednesday, December 02, 2009

It's A Long Story

It has been SO long since I've posted... I'm so bad! If you'd like to hear my detailed excuse as to what has taken so long, keep reading. If not, skip to the pictures.

I would like to formally blame Windows 7... no, Best Buy... no, my job... okay, they have all played a part. So it all started when we bought an external hard drive from Best Buy for like $150 back in July. I needed more room on our desktop, so I was going to save all our pictures onto it. So I get it installed and save all our 2008 pictures to it. Before I erase them from the computer, I hook up the external hard drive to the laptop to make sure they're there. Sure enough, they're all there. So, I go ahead with deleting them from the computer.
Weeks later, I hook up the external hard drive. Much to my surprise, it won't boot up, and I can't get to our pictures. What the...! And of course, our receipt is nowhere to be found. Then we were stuck with a vacation to Colorado, moving, etc., and didn't get around to taking it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy until a week or two ago. They also agree with us that it's broken. They told us not only can we not exchange it, but that they were going to charge us $100 to get our pictures off of it, which would then void the warranty on it. So... basically we're paying them $250 to give us back our pictures?! Doug said we should go for it so we can at least save our pictures.
Two days later, they say they couldn't get to our pictures, and I'm assuming that the manufacturer's warranty is void now, too. So I'm REALLY upset that we paid for something to erase our pictures. NICE.
After we found out it was broken, and before our move, we decided we needed a new desktop anyway, since the other one was running super slow, and had some viruses on it, anyway. So here we are, with our new computer, waiting for our FREE upgrade to Windows 7, courtesy of Best Buy. So we get it, but then realize that we need to save all of our documents and pictures in case Windows 7 erases them. We want to cover all our bases this time, you know? So I spent all my free computer time figuring out how to transfer that stuff to discs. FINALLY, I have a few minutes while all the boys are sleeping to blog and catch up on other people's blogs.


We took Lincoln to his 6-month check-up today, and Jack was worried about Lincoln the whole time. He had his eyes on him as the nurse did all the measurements, as they carried Lincoln to the scale, and while the doctor was looking at him and Lincoln was crying. You could tell he wanted to make sure his little brother wasn't getting hurt. Because of this (and my own selfish reasons), I took him out to the car when it was time for shots. I let Doug stay with him. Only two shots today, so that wasn't bad. I guess they combined like 5 shots into one. LOVE THAT! Here were Lincoln's stats, compared to Jack's:

Lincoln
Length: 28 in. (93%)
Weight: 19 lbs. 3 oz. (85%)
Head Circumference 43.2 cm. (35%)

JackLength: 27.8 in. (86%)
Weight: 19 lbs. 7 oz. (79%)
Head Circumference: 43.9 cm. (51%)


I'm so glad Jack loves his brother!




This video of the two of them just makes me smile every time I watch it.



Our awesome neighbors let us borrow one of their fake trees this year. Wasn't that nice? Now we have somewhere to put the presents! We decorated it when Jack was sleeping to prevent any breaking ornaments. Here he is looking at it when he woke up.
Lincoln thought it was fun to look at the lights and reach for the bells while laying under the tree.

Jack did this when I asked him to smile and say cheese.
This was the best face shot I got of him.

And here's another shot of Lincoln.

7 comments:

The Monahan's said...

Bummer about your pics. Computers are stupid, how does stuff just disappear?

Janaca said...

Awww Toni that totally sucks about your pictures!!! I can't believe all that happened. I've been wanting to buy an external hard drive for all our pictures so now you've got me really worried. Glad things are up and running again so you can blog, but that really stinks. Sorry! You're boys are so cute and Lincoln is bigger than Jack was at his age just like my Jackson compared to Jordan!

Melissa Rees said...

That sucks!! I'm so sorry! But now I need to save mine to our external dirve and I'm too scared!

Melinda said...

Okay.... This is going to be a novel, but bear with me:
1) 6 months!?!?! What the? Wasn't Lincoln born a few weeks ago!?! Sigh.... time moves too quickly!!
2) I love the pictures of the boys with the decorations, SO CUTE!
3) In the future, when you run into computer issues (especially like the viruses, Windows 7, Hard Drive etc...) PLEASE call me, Jared is my family's resident computer fix-it guru, he's done all of those things at least a million times! And... he's FREE! Call us next time. Miss you tons, we need to go do lunch soon!

Maria said...

Wow. I've lost two computers and pictures and it sucks!! So sorry you have to go through that.

Your boys are so adorable underneath the Christmas tree!

Kakes said...

I think its great how you keep telling Jack, 'One more time' in the video. Ha, ha, ha.

PS. I totally have a love/hate relationship with computers too.

Jottings By Jess said...

I seriously can't believe how big your kids are getting!