Sunday, January 10, 2010

Individual Updates

Doug: Doug has started a workout and healthy eating program called P90X. He started about a week ago. He's been very dedicated to it so far, and is looking smokin' hot! He also landed a job interview as a financial advisor on Thursday, and should have a second interview sometime this week! He also has another job interview on Tuesday. Wish him luck!

Toni: I'm still working, and met with someone at the fitness center at my work last week for an assessment. I'd like to become more fit and lose some of my belly fat from being pregnant. The guy I met with will assess my numbers and will put a workout routine together for me sometime this week. I'm excited to start that!

Jack: Poor Jack ducked down by the side of our bed this morning and banged his head right on the bed frame that sticks out about an inch or two. It turned out that it was a really bad gash, and was bad enough that we took him to Doug's friend's house, Matt, who's a doctor. He said Jack would need some stitches, and we should take him to Primary Children's Hospital nearby. Matt came in and ended up just using a little glue instead of stitches, which I was excited about. Less pain for baby equals fewer emotional outbursts from mommy. Thanks, Matt!I know it looks like nothing special here (this was taken after we got home,) but it was all sorts of colors earlier that day. Jack wasn't allowed to eat anything while we were there because they were originally thinking they'd have to hook him up to an IV. So he was starving when we left. We ended up stopping at Red Robin to cheer him up.

Lincoln: Lincoln has cut 4 teeth, and his personality is really starting to come out! When we coo at him now, he does this thing where he'll close his eyes for a second, as if to say, "I know, I'm SO cute!" We think it's pretty funny. Here he is chilling with some of his toys, and he just had his leg hanging straight in the air for a couple minutes.He's also rolling over, mostly to his right. And he loves being upright! He can almost sit up on his own. He still loves watching his older brother, and laughs every time Jack plays with him.

5 comments:

Cecily said...

I'm excited to hear Doug has some job interviews! Way to go! Good luck with those! I can't believe Lincoln has already cut 4 teeth! Beckett hasn't cut any yet! We should get together again! How is family history work coming?

Melissa Rees said...

Hooray for Doug! That is so exciting. And I don't believe for a second that you have belly fat! I need to get on that diet after this baby comes!

Janaca said...

I hope Doug's interviews go well! That's fun that you and Doug are both getting into shape. Jason works out at Contacts in the mornings before work. I wish I had something like that! Poor Jack, that's so sad about his head! Kids are always getting hurt it seems. I can't belive Lincoln has 4 teeth!! Jackson has his 2 bottom and that's it so far. That's fun he's getting so interactive and mobile!

Melinda said...

Poor Jack! That is some bump on the noggin! What a trooper though, he looks like he's doing alright! I am wishing Doug all the luck in the world!

BTW, yes, we do need a girls night! I will call you to set it up!

Kateka said...

Oh, his poor little head!! Is it mean of me to say it almost looks kind of cyclops-like, no that's not right, I mean it kinda looks like a 3rd eye. Ha, ha. Sorry again, don't mean that to be rude.

P90X is so hard. Good luck on your fitness goals, both of you. I am sure you'll reach them. You both seem so motivated and determined in your goals.

And good luck, Doug with the interviews!! We'll be crossing our fingers and praying for you!